EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my worst round ever, but I assure everyone left who is town that I am not mafia. I would honestly vote for myself at this point to put us out of our misery.

I have reasoning for several people to be mafia, but I'm going to trust my fellow MEP engineer on this one. @RBHeadge PE I vote for @NikR_PE.

If I'm wrong, then I will never trust @beccabun PE again 😄

Can I change my role to mafia spy assistant? Like a Bond Girl? So it looks like I actually did something round. Seems like I made all the wrong choices. I especially feel bad for @DuranDuran PE as long as he wasn't the mafia spy.

Can I change my role to mafia spy assistant? Like a Bond Girl? So it looks like I actually did something round. Seems like I made all the wrong choices. I especially feel bad for @DuranDuran PE as long as he wasn't the mafia spy.
Oh don't feel bad! We got unlucky on Day 1 losing the cop. Since we never nabbed a mafia it was impossible to gain any knowledge from voting patterns.

I'm assuming since @RBHeadge PE announced the finale would be written this morning that the town didn't lynch a mafia. Therefore, I'm assuming we've lost. I'm going to guess @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @chart94 and @jean15paul_PE were the mafia.

When was the last time (if ever) the mafia shut out the town with this many players?

That's correct. The town didn't lynch a mafia last night. All of the players receiving votes we town. I haven't RNG to see who was lynched, but it might not matter. When I write the narrative later today I may just write out all of the remaining townies.

Mafia
@jean15paul_PE
@squaretaper LIT AF PE

Mafia Spy
@ChebyshevII PE

Cop
@djl PE

Doctor
@beccabun PE

Behind the scenes
Day 1
Cop investigates Becca (Doc)
Spy investigates Nikr
Mafia nightkills JK with only one vote
No doc save

Day 2
Mafia vote is a tie between blue and duran. Coin picks duran.
Doc protects doth

Day 3
Mafia unanimously votes to nightkill blue
Doc protects doth

Oh don't feel bad! We got unlucky on Day 1 losing the cop. Since we never nabbed a mafia it was impossible to gain any knowledge from voting patterns.
It would have been tough. Even with omnipotence one couldn't divine anything from lynch voting patterns. The town might have been able to figure something out based on inferential reasoning of nightkills.
When the cop investigated the doctor I figured there was going to be a high chance of a doctor lynching this round.

When was the last time (if ever) the mafia shut out the town with this many players?
I believe it happened earlier this year. I remember it was me, @jean15paul_PE , and @MadamPirate PE on the mafia side. Very few active participants that round.
IIRC it happened a few times before that as well.

Day 2
Mafia vote is a tie between blue and duran. Coin picks duran.
Doc protects doth
Question about this @RBHeadge PE ...
I thought it there was a tie with the mafia vote there would be no nightkill?
  • Mafia Spy – Tries to find the cop each night. The spy does not initially know who the mafia are, and the mafia do not know who their spy is. If the spy is investigated by the cop, the spy shows up as a “Townie.” The spy may investigate one player each day, with the investigation showing up as “Cop” or “Not the cop.” Note: Since the spy is on the mafia team, they also get to vote during the nightkill, so it would be prudent for the "known" mafia members to all vote in agreement to prevent any ties/no nightkills. This also creates incentive for the spy to get in touch with the rest of the mafia members (publicly or privately) as soon as possible. The spy and the mafia will be connected on the third morning (FRIDAY OCT 8).
Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

Question about this @RBHeadge PE ...
I thought it there was a tie with the mafia vote there would be no nightkill?

Am I interpreting this incorrectly?
In Duran's rules "ultimate rules" a nightkill tie results in no nightkill. I changed that in this last version. Recall that in the mafia PM thread when describing the mafia rules I wrote:
There is also a Mafia Spy among you, who is not part of this group. The Mafia Spy also gets one vote for the night kill, but does not know who you guys are and vice versa. The spy will try to identify the cop and gets one investigation per day. If you believe you have identified your spy, you may invite them to this group.

Nightkill ties are determined by cointoss.

Please note:

I missed the subtly of the statement in the main thread rules which would implies no nightkill would happen. I read it strategically and not literally. I should have deleted the "/no nightkills". That wasn't the only thing I missed deleting in the public post.

Back