EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like seafood with any cheese type of thing, except maybe a little parmesan on top if it's in a pasta.
It definitely works if done with pasta. You're right that it doesn't work well without it.

I had crab quesadillas over the weekend.
No thanks. I don't know what it is about crab, but I just don't like it prepared with other foods. I can handle it in a soup though.

I'm with you. Not because it makes me queasy but because it seems to be a culinary cheat. Cheese on anything makes it better. I put cheese on fake crab-cakes (I was broke in my 20's and couldn't afford the real crab for crab cakes) and they were amazing. That would be true on real crab cakes, but the real crab cakes don't need the boost. Enjoy the flavor for what it is.
I agree in most cases. I LOVE cheese, but not on everything! NOT on crab cakes, but a good lobster mac n'cheese to me helps the mac n'cheese, not the lobster. BUT, I make an amazing Seafood Alfredo Lasagna - Smoked salmon, fresh crab, scallops, and shrimp, last time I even added some mini lobster tails I found at Costco (I'm sure they have a real name, but I don't recall what it is right now).

I haven't been to Maine in 25 years. We were supposed to go last August... but someone on the other side of the world came in contact with the wrong bat.
In theory we're tryin again in August. But I'm not sure if that's going to happen.
Ah yes.... I was supposed to go to San Diego and Cabo last year.... and we were supposed to go on a Caribbean cruise last month for my 40th bday... I better be able to make up for all of this in 2021. Trying for Cabo in December. Who knows when we will be able to cruise again! and San Diego Comic Con is cancelled again... so that's not happening this year for sure.

Ah yes.... I was supposed to go to San Diego and Cabo last year.... and we were supposed to go on a Caribbean cruise last month for my 40th bday... I better be able to make up for all of this in 2021. Trying for Cabo in December. Who knows when we will be able to cruise again! and San Diego Comic Con is cancelled again... so that's not happening this year for sure.
Nearly the same here. We had a big group Caribbean cruise planned for last April for my wife's 40th. I'm now in the process of rebooking it for next April.
We've got a Bermuda cruise booked for September this year. I'm not sure if the cruise will happen, and that's assuming we get vaccinated by mid-August. The US or Bermuda might not let it happen. I really need a week or two on the sundeck double fisting malibu pina coladas!

I'm with you. Not because it makes me queasy but because it seems to be a culinary cheat. Cheese on anything makes it better. I put cheese on fake crab-cakes (I was broke in my 20's and couldn't afford the real crab for crab cakes) and they were amazing. That would be true on real crab cakes, but the real crab cakes don't need the boost. Enjoy the flavor for what it is.
See, fake seafood can get all the cheese it wants, but if the seafood is fresh/amazing, what else does it need but a little mayo (if a sandwich) or a little butter/pepper (if on its own) or a little horseradish sauce masquerading as cocktail sauce (everything else)?

As for lobster rolls...I like warm ones, where the bun has nice grill marks on it and it's mostly just lobster in butter on a roll and I get to eat it right from the grill/kitchen. If it's anything less than piping hot, it gets gross. As for cold lobster roll...I've been burned by way too much mayo way too many times. Then again, I'm a bit of a lobster snob. I like getting it pre-cracked if possible and I have a long-standing relationship with my dad that if he opens my lobster/gets the claws for me, I'll give him a 50/50 cut and make him a babka.

But now I have a hankering for soft shell crab...I want one of those sandwiches from Modern Snack Bar. ...I hope they reopen for the season when I'm home in June/July/August...

Nearly the same here. We had a big group Caribbean cruise planned for last April for my wife's 40th. I'm now in the process of rebooking it for next April.
We've got a Bermuda cruise booked for September this year. I'm not sure if the cruise will happen, and that's assuming we get vaccinated by mid-August. The US or Bermuda might not let it happen. I really need a week or two on the sundeck double fisting malibu pina coladas!
Please take me with you. I know some people hate cruising, but I actually really enjoy it. It's nice to be someplace warm, with movies on the deck each night, and being scandalized by super pale Midwesterners wearing banana hammocks.

My dad booked for the family vacation in January for Hawaii. Two weeks. As of right now, my whole family is vaccinated (except my sister and BiL, but they never come on vacations with us because they're 'difficult').

Maryland considers obesity to be a comorbidity and moves it up the priority list to "Phase 2".

/begin rant

While the scale says I'm obese, my waistline does not. Too much of the "weight" is muscle mass. Mrs Headge won't let me claim obesity. So I'm in the "Phase 3" Gen Pop group, which is really group 5. Of course Maryland is really bungling the vaccine rollout, so they might not get to my group until September 2022. minor sarcasm there, but even with the projected new increased allotsment in the next month, MC still won't get to Phase 1C for over two months.

*I don't mean to get off on a rant here, but the phase names are stupid. Montgomery County makes it even worse by adding subgroups. The county and state phase numbers don't line up! MC: don't do the phase 1a group 1 nonsense. It's looks like the messed up GD flight boarding groups. It reminds me of this K&P sketch:

The State and County use sequential numbers. If they did it straight up numbers then I'd be group 12, but I guess that looks bad and is too reflective of reality.

/rant over

Yesterday Louisiana opened up vaccines to everyone 16 and older with one preexisting condition. Preexisting conditions include being overweight (i.e. BMI greater than 25), which is also knows as "Louisiana normal size." :D LOL

My wife and I are scheduled for our first dose on Friday.

The speculation is that it will be open to everyone 16 and older by the end of April.

Last edited:
Yesterday Louisiana opened up vaccines to everyone 16 and older with one preexisting condition. Preexisting conditions include being overweight (i.e. BMI greater than 25), which is also knows as "Louisiana normal size."

The speculation is that it will be open to everyone 16 and older by the end of April.
AK just opened up to everyone 16yr or older.

I have a cruise booked for Greece in September for our 2nd year anniversary honeymoon. It was supposed to be last September but that didn't happen. I really hope we don't have to reschedule again.

Voting Update:

TBone-2.jpg

I have a cruise booked for Greece in September for our 2nd year anniversary honeymoon. It was supposed to be last September but that didn't happen. I really hope we don't have to reschedule again.
I wouldn't bet on it. I have a December meeting in Vienna and it looks like it's getting cancelled. Europe is doing a very poor job at vaccinating.

I wanted to do a Caribbean or Bahama cruise but I heard cruises are out of picture for a few years... :(

Yesterday Louisiana opened up vaccines to everyone 16 and older with one preexisting condition. Preexisting conditions include being overweight (i.e. BMI greater than 25), which is also knows as "Louisiana normal size." :D LOL

I am surprised you could get an appointment. In chicago, eligible folks are not seeing any open spots.

I am surprised you could get an appointment. In chicago, eligible folks are not seeing any open spots.
We have spots in Illinois.... Just a 3 1/2 hour drive! I know this, because I stay up until midnight every night hoping for an appointment in Iowa, and only the Illinois stores have appts available. Grr. So not only can I not get an appt, but I'm freaking tired from waiting up to stalk the appointment portal.

Back