EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the obsession everyone has with lobster mac. It's good, but it's like the fill up bowls at KFC- take all the leftover good stuff and throw it in some mashed potatoes. I'd rather enjoy each flavor independently and then make the decision myself on what to combine on my fork/in my trough.

I've only had Maine lobster once and it was great. I don't think there's anything inferior about Connecticut lobster, though. I lived most of my life in Maryland where seafood was plentiful and delicious and now I'm in the midwest and frozen shrimp is as exotic as I get. Food here is definitely not as good...but we make up for it with enormous portion sizes.
I can't say I obsess over lobster mac, but I don't generally eat just mac n' cheese... lobster definitely adds a unique flavor. when i make mac n' cheese, it's usually with gruyere cheese and is very good if I may say so....

Living in the PNW, we have lots of seafood, so I generally don't have problems finding good, fresh seafood. and my dad loves to fish, so we have been gifted with plenty of fresh salmon and sturgeon this past year!

I can't say I obsess over lobster mac, but I don't generally eat just mac n' cheese... lobster definitely adds a unique flavor. when i make mac n' cheese, it's usually with gruyere cheese and is very good if I may say so....

Living in the PNW, we have lots of seafood, so I generally don't have problems finding good, fresh seafood. and my dad loves to fish, so we have been gifted with plenty of fresh salmon and sturgeon this past year!
I don't know if I'm envious of people that like fishing or if I just don't understand them. I was in junior bassmasters until I was 7, then little league started and I had no time for fishing. Still don't. I went on a charter boat a couple of times on the Chesapeake Bay but there was no sport in that at all- the captain stops the boat on top of the fish and we drop our lines and real them in...drunker with each stop. Then you have to go back and clean them all with double vision. I'll stick with my own venison and market-bought fish.

My first fiance's parents had a place in the Outer Banks. There was a market two doors down from their house that sold fresh caught scallops for $4/lb and shrimp for $3/lb. I could get used to that.

I don't know if I'm envious of people that like fishing or if I just don't understand them. I was in junior bassmasters until I was 7, then little league started and I had no time for fishing. Still don't. I went on a charter boat a couple of times on the Chesapeake Bay but there was no sport in that at all- the captain stops the boat on top of the fish and we drop our lines and real them in...drunker with each stop. Then you have to go back and clean them all with double vision. I'll stick with my own venison and market-bought fish.

My first fiance's parents had a place in the Outer Banks. There was a market two doors down from their house that sold fresh caught scallops for $4/lb and shrimp for $3/lb. I could get used to that.
HA! For sure! My idea of fishing is definitely having someone else do all the hard work - I'll throw the line in and real in the fish, but no interest in any of the messy work. My dad went tuna fishing last year too, then they had to gut/clean/can like 200 lbs of tuna... no thanks. But I'll take whatever amount of ready to eat fish you wanna send my way. We even paid for his fishing trip, just so we could get the fresh tuna (which is by far better than anything you can find canned) :LOL:

Back