EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. That doesn't really happen around here (Louisiana) when preparing for a hurricane. Water & canned goods are the priorities.
i mean that's my priority as well for the huge nor'easters & ice storms. but people here still decimate the milk aisle.

idk, i was raised by my gram who lived in rural northern New England on a farm as the youngest of 5 during the great depression. so canned things. or things that are eaten cold. and now i have my backpacking stove so i can do a little more if i wanted/needed.

i mean that's my priority as well for the huge nor'easters & ice storms. but people here still decimate the milk aisle.

idk, i was raised by my gram who lived in rural northern New England on a farm as the youngest of 5 during the great depression. so canned things. or things that are eaten cold. and now i have my backpacking stove so i can do a little more if i wanted/needed.
When I moved to North Carolina after college an older co-worker from up north tried to convince me I was foolish for not buying a generator (for hurricane power outages and snow/ice storms).  I never bought one.  Then we got an ice storm that knocked the power out in many areas.  He called me up and asked, "How long have you been without power?"  I said, "I never lost it."  He had been out for over a day and I let him come over and use our shower/hot water.

When I moved to North Carolina after college an older co-worker from up north tried to convince me I was foolish for not buying a generator (for hurricane power outages and snow/ice storms).  I never bought one.  Then we got an ice storm that knocked the power out in many areas.  He called me up and asked, "How long have you been without power?"  I said, "I never lost it."  He had been out for over a day and I let him come over and use our shower/hot water.
my gram didn't get a generator until the ice storm of 08 or so. She was without power for 11 days and then got a whole house gen. which i personally think is absurd but my mother didn't push back on that (they live together).

i basically plan to just pull out camping gear abd suck it up lol. but i'm 30 not 85. 

I've been meaning to get a generator and a window unit. A generator to keep the fridge running and run a window unit in a single room is a HUGE improvement to quality of life during a hurricane. Losing power for 3 or 4 days in Louisiana in August when it's 95F and 95% humidity is... unpleasant.

My brother (who is financially better off than me; he and his wife both doctors), got a whole-house, automatic, natural gas generator when they redid their backyard. Now he has no idea if there's a power outage.

The fake votes threw me on day one.

That's why I made that general request for people to declare fake votes to make my life easier.

Those look like the votes, including fake votes, from Day 1
tumblr_p4mdncTGb41troc2io7_500.gifv

Back