EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we should change it to "regular townies" and "infected townies".  The infected townies already have the coronavirus, but they're pissed off because the mayor won't declare a "town emergency".  For an emergency the entire town must be infected, so the infected have to plot to infect one person per night.  Meanwhile the townies have to try to catch an infected person and quarrantine them and put them in the isolation pen.  If they catch one of their own they put one of their own healthy people in the isolation pen.  So the regular townies are trying to isolate all the sick people, and the sick people are trying to get the entire town sick so an emergency can be declared and everyone can stay home for a week.

Something like that...lol

Maybe we should change it to "regular townies" and "infected townies".  The infected townies already have the coronavirus, but they're pissed off because the mayor won't declare a "town emergency".  For an emergency the entire town must be infected, so the infected have to plot to infect one person per night.  Meanwhile the townies have to try to catch an infected person and quarrantine them and put them in the isolation pen.  If they catch one of their own they put one of their own healthy people in the isolation pen.  So the regular townies are trying to isolate all the sick people, and the sick people are trying to get the entire town sick so an emergency can be declared and everyone can stay home for a week.

Oh. I just want to play a regular game. If it's all weird, I'm out.

As the originator of the game, I request we stick with the original intent and theme of the mafia game.

Last edited by a moderator:
A separate thread for a separate game might not be a bad thing, though :)
I got an Office game for Christmas I want to play. It requires 5 players, so whenever me and my wife have a couple over there isn't enough to play. It's a similar idea to Mafia in that one group of employees is trying to figure out who is getting downsized and who is getting a promotion.

Could probably be played on a forum.

I got an Office game for Christmas I want to play. It requires 5 players, so whenever me and my wife have a couple over there isn't enough to play. It's a similar idea to Mafia in that one group of employees is trying to figure out who is getting downsized and who is getting a promotion.

During a recession we play that in real life lol.

I remember Glengarry Glen Ross when Alec Baldwin walks in and tells his real estate agents he's tired of their slacking and to motivate them he's having a sales contest:

"1st place - A new car.  2nd place, a set of steak knives.  3rd place, YOU'RE FIRED!"  

I'd be willing to play a round. Should be much easier finding 5 people.

Back