EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be mostly in the office through the new year, but I'm down to take a break until some time in the new year, also.

I have this week off, but am going to be taking a break. 

Should be a good round after the holidays.

I've been reading up on a lot of Mafia variations, and it appears there are tons of more roles that can change things up. It looks like only the cop and doctor roles have been used so far, but there are other roles that can be used to make things really interesting.

Like:

• Vigilante - At Night, the Vigilante can kill any another player.
  • Roleblocker - At Night, the Roleblocker can block a player from using any ability they may have - including the Mafia Night-kill if they block the person who was assigned to carry it out.
  • Doublevoter - During the Day, this person's vote counts for double.
  • Miller - A Town player who with a Cop investigation will identify as Mafia-aligned.
These seem to be more useful during large games.

I've been reading up on a lot of Mafia variations, and it appears there are tons of more roles that can change things up. It looks like only the cop and doctor roles have been used so far, but there are other roles that can be used to make things really interesting.

Like:

• Roleblocker - At Night, the Roleblocker can block a player from using any ability they may have - including the Mafia Night-kill if they block the person who was assigned to carry it out.
  • Miller - A Town player who with a Cop investigation will identify as Mafia-aligned.
I am looking forward to when we start using the town drunk. They can only post in memes.

The town drunk would be fun.

Also, it looks like some games require a majority (at least 50%) vote for a lynch instead of just whoever received the most votes. 

Like:

The vigilante has also been known as the serial killer in some games. The serial killer can win if they are the last man standing.

now that we could potentially be getting a bigger group together, we may consider looking at adding more roles. @RBHeadge PE @NikR_PE @Roarbark @chart94 @JayKay PE...who else has modded? I think I got everyone.

Like:

Thanks for being so engaged :)  the reason we didn't use any up til now (as you may have guessed) is we've had a max of 12 or so people, and it starts to get unpredictable / unbalanced if you add too many strange roles with such small numbers. Plus we didn't want to add too many flavors and confuse people who were just learning the game. If we keep getting such great turnouts we can start sprinkling in other roles to try them out. Especially ones that are "harmless":

I am looking forward to when we start using the town drunk. They can only post in memes.
giphy.gif

I've got an idea for a PE Exam wait period themed game. I'm willing to run it the week of Jan 6. I'd keep it to the traditional roles. If we have enough players I could probably add the serial killer.

I have a idea for a space colony theme. But I kinda want to do the writing in advance because (1) I want to make sure it works and (2) I don't want to not be able to get it done in time.

Back