EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like, I'm ultra confused, because I thought the midwest/Indiana wasn't snow wimpy...but they had a winter warning in affect and all this nonsense.  Then with the traffic when I left at 3:30pm was crazy, like people didn't know how to drive in the slush/snow?  I feel like I made the right decision not going out, because I just know people were driving like idiots, but I'm kinda angry because I really want to go to my new gym!  They totally kicked my ass when I went on Wednesday (I could move, but I was def deep sore).

@Roarbark I could def do body-weight stuff in my apartment, but I don't want to bother my landlord who literally came back from the Caribbean for a medical appointment and is chilling for a couple of days before he goes back to warmth (I feel bad since it was dialysis and, literally, it's only snowed on the days he's been back).  I'm just excited because new gym has obstacle courses!!!  I bruised myself really good last time, but it was ultra fun!
Ohhhh yeah. I was super slow in my parking garage/downtown streets. Suck it, everyone behind me.  I didn't go any faster than 50-60 mph on the interstate either.

edit: Is top still a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh yeah. I was super slow in my parking garage/downtown streets. Suck it, everyone behind me.  I didn't go any faster than 50-60 mph on the interstate either.

edit: Is top still a thing?
Lol, you were not the only slow one.  There were people who were going ultra slow and I was like, "There is literally slush on the road.  If your tires have any tread at all, and you aren't spinning out, you'll be fine."  Weather said it was still going to be snowing until like 9pm, and since it was snowing hard around 4:40pm I thought it'd keep going...should have just changed and gym'd it.  T_T

AND TOP AND TRRRRRRRIPLE POST ARE NOW THINGS.  NOW AND FOREVER.  AMEN.

@JayKay PENote, you referred to both txj and tj as TJ in your vote tally! txj voted for pirate. Tj voted for spickett I believe.
You are correct!  Sorry, getting a bit of a headache and trying to start writing before the vote ends so I can go to bed soon after (I think the barometer dropping is killing me).  Updated vote:

@tj_PE (jeanp)

@Spickett (tj)

@MadamPirate (spickett, txj)

@Audi driver, P.E. (nik)

@chart94 (bly)

@blybrook PE (chart)

Like, I'm ultra confused, because I thought the midwest/Indiana wasn't snow wimpy...but they had a winter warning in affect and all this nonsense.  Then with the traffic when I left at 3:30pm was crazy, like people didn't know how to drive in the slush/snow?  I feel like I made the right decision not going out, because I just know people were driving like idiots, but I'm kinda angry because I really want to go to my new gym!  They totally kicked my ass when I went on Wednesday (I could move, but I was def deep sore).
Ohio, New York, Troll Land (lower MI), parts of Indiana & Illinois are all snow wimps. They don't know a good storm until it hits 'em hard.  Detroit used to send their plow drivers to Marquette (UP) to learn how to move snow effectively and efficiently. What would shut down Detroit was a dusting for Marquette and the Copper Country!

I miss big snow falls. The largest storm that I've experienced since living in AK was 2' over 3 days.  Ice storms are a different animal all together though.

Back