EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I recognize that @leggo PE didn’t actually mention me in her vote, but I could tell it was actually a vote, so I counted it. (Also i’m afraid to say anything since she could literally end the game right now by banning me)
For the sake of doing things per your request, @ChebyshevII_PE, I vote for @RBHeadge PE. To be different.

Also, I recognize that @leggo PE didn’t actually mention me in her vote, but I could tell it was actually a vote, so I counted it. (Also i’m afraid to say anything since she could literally end the game right now by banning me)
First, @RBHeadge PE - I'm sorry if you're clean, but I gotta protect my super best friend @tj_PE. Also, @leggo PE banning in this forum is banned... Now if there is some way that you can lock @Audi driver, P.E. to this thread, you'd be a goddess and my hero.

@ChebyshevII_PE, I change my vote to @RBHeadge PE

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

are you running a protection scheme?
Only for @tj_PE. For @leggo PE, let's just say it's an instigation scheme against our dear friend @Audi driver, P.E..

I haven't quite figured out @leggo PE yet, though. I don't know if she is laughing on the inside or planning on throwing me into the oven with the baked pretzels like those poor children who found the witch's hut before Hansel and Gretel. Only time will tell, I suppose. I've already been banned once due to my shenanigans, ya know. I had Roadguy fixify my bannification due to my apparently abhorrent behavior toward HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

Only for @tj_PE. For @leggo PE, let's just say it's an instigation scheme against our dear friend @Audi driver, P.E..

I haven't quite figured out @leggo PE yet, though. I don't know if she is laughing on the inside or planning on throwing me into the oven with the baked pretzels like those poor children who found the witch's hut before Hansel and Gretel. Only time will tell, I suppose. I've already been banned once due to my shenanigans, ya know. I had Roadguy fixify my bannification due to my apparently abhorrent behavior toward HE WHOM SHALL NOT BE NAMED.
This sounds like an interesting story...View attachment 12904

Don't vote her out first again! That's cold!

Edit: Although she did specially request... 
"""YOU SHOULD DEF VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE THEN I DON'T NEED TO PAY ATTENTION AND CAN
ZOMBIE IN THE BACKGROUND."""

Don't vote her out first again! That's cold!

Edit: Although she did specially request... 
"""YOU SHOULD DEF VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE THEN I DON'T NEED TO PAY ATTENTION AND CAN
ZOMBIE IN THE BACKGROUND."""
It's true. I am suspicious of her enthusiasm! 

Also, because I miss you @Audi driver, P.E.
@Audi driver, P.E., I know I have a weird sense of humor, but this literally cracks me up.

All playing aside, I've just ran across a renovation job where a 20' tall exterior cmu bearing wall is out by 6" from top to bottom (in this case it's old clay masonry units). I specified some built up plate columns to go in the wall and wrap the cut masonry corners due to the owner requesting new openings in the wall up to a 16'-0" height. With the columns now installed and plumbed, the existing wall is super obviously out about half my column width. Have any of you ran across something similar to this before? I've seen an inch or two but this thing is practically at a roof slope of 1/4" per foot.

Any ingenious ideas from you structural gangstas on how to cover something like this up? Currently, I'm almost to the point of either having a new foundation wall poured outboard of the existing and tapering new brick veneer in to hide this horrid condition or just having the contractor tear the existing wall down and install new material plumb. They've already removed about 60% of the wall anyway.

wacky wall.png

Back