EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vote update:

3 - @BlueBlueprintPE (Meow, Becca, DJL)
I'm just logging in for the day. I am skeptical about blue being mafia because they voted to kill a mafia. @DLD PE I cast a seemingly meaningless vote for @djl PE. If I'm wrong we win, if I'm right I get to say I told you so and hopefully win tomorrow.

Voting for me is a bad idea unless you're mafia.
At this point it's 50/50. Blue voted to kill a mafia on Friday and you didn't. Being Cassandra does not exclude you from being mafia. I don't know if spit was being honest about being the doc or covering for blue. Blue came back not regular townie- so she's mafia or the doc. I could be reluctant to concede because you're obviously Cassandra, Cassandra has never been mafia but can be and I want to see it happen.

ghost-popcorn.gif

Good game all. Thanks for modding @DLD PE

Even if I was drowned early in the round, was fun to follow.

@djl PE, I think you handled the Cassandra roll the way it was intended. It's still a newer feature to the rounds so there's a few of us getting used to it.

@djl PE I think you were a good Cassandra in general, but this was a bad post. (No offense.) 😀

here are some things
@JayKay PE is mafia
@BlueBlueprintPE is vanilla
@DLD PE is mod
@EyehatethePEexam PE is mafia
@Spitfire6532 is vanilla
@MeowMeow PE is cop
@beccabun PE is vanilla
@txjennah PE is mafia
@ChebyshevII PE PMP is doc
I am vanilla

I don't know if the mafia caught it, but...

The only reason to do a post like this is to hide your vision. If you're a townie, the only vision that it's important to hide is the identity of the cop or doctor. So everything else is obviously irrelevant. You only identified a single person as the cop and a single person as the doc. So the mafia knows to target those two players.

I definitely saw this post as a help to the mafia. It actually made me wonder if you were a mafia Cassandra.

If you're hiding a vision, it would be much more effective to identify many docs and/or cops. When I was Cassandra my plan to hide a vision was to identify every player with the role I wanted to hide.

I hope this isn't too critical. Just the thoughts that I had when you posted it.

@djl PE I think you were a good Cassandra in general, but this was a bad post. (No offense.) 😀

I don't know if the mafia caught it, but...

The only reason to do a post like this is to hide your vision. If you're a townie, the only vision that it's important to hide is the identity of the cop or doctor. So everything else is obviously irrelevant. You only identified a single person as the cop and a single person as the doc. So the mafia knows to target those two players.

I definitely saw this post as a help to the mafia. It actually made me wonder if you were a mafia Cassandra.

If you're hiding a vision, it would be much more effective to identify many docs and/or cops. When I was Cassandra my plan to hide a vision was to identify every player with the role I wanted to hide.

I hope this isn't too critical. Just the thoughts that I had when you posted it.
No, thanks, you’re right. Good points!

Day 6:

@EyehatethePEexam PE watched as his playing partner @JayKay PE climbed halfway up the redwood. Her stay tee shot found its way into the giant trees, but no one saw it come down. @djl PE spotted it among the branches, and rather than take a penalty for an unplayable lie, @JayKay PE decide to take her chances and hit the ball out of the tree. She hit a magnificent shot. She didn't reach the green, but it was only 20 yards short and in the fairway, a bogey at worst. She climbed down and was congratulated by the others, but @BlueBlueprintPE (who was playing the group behind with @beccabun PE and @MeowMeow PE ) declared, "Hey, nice shot, but you have to take a 2-stroke penalty for violating rule 10.1c. Since you were facing the green while hitting your ball, that means you straddled the line of your intended path. Sorry, but you have to take a penalty."

With so many ups and downs the past few days, @JayKay PE finally lost it. "This tournament is stupid! Golf is stupid! Hitting a little white ball over 150 acres among giant trees that should be left alone, I'm done with all this crap!" She went over and started hacking at @BlueBlueprintPE with her 7-iron. "Whoa, wait!", cried @MeowMeow PE. "Don't kill @BlueBlueprintPE ...we're not sure if they're even the mafia!" "I don't care. I'm done with golf and this effing tournament", said @JayKay PE , as she finished her work on @BlueBlueprintPE and wrapped them around the nearest tree with the rest of her clubs. She stormed off. "Wait, where are you going?", asked @beccabun PE . "Yeah, aren't you going to at least finish? You might win this thing!", added @EyehatethePEexam PE . @JayKay PE replied, "Hell with golf. I'm going home to knit. Where's @MadamPirate PE ?"

@BlueBlueprintPE was lynched by the town. They were mafia. Townies win!

Thanks again for letting me mod. This was fun! I'm in for next round.

Game recap:

1651061928515.png

1651061903762.png

With so many ups and downs the past few days, @JayKay PE finally lost it. "This tournament is stupid! Golf is stupid! Hitting a little white ball over 150 acres among giant trees that should be left alone, I'm done with all this crap!" She went over and started hacking at @BlueBlueprintPE with her 7-iron. "Whoa, wait!", cried @MeowMeow PE. "Don't kill @BlueBlueprintPE ...we're not sure if they're even the mafia!" "I don't care. I'm done with golf and this effing tournament", said @JayKay PE , as she finished her work on @BlueBlueprintPE and wrapped them around the nearest tree with the rest of her clubs. She stormed off. "Wait, where are you going?", asked @beccabun PE . "Yeah, aren't you going to at least finish? You might win this thing!", added @EyehatethePEexam PE . @JayKay PE replied, "Hell with golf. I'm going home to knit. Where's @MadamPirate PE ?"
This is the most appropriate in-character write up of jaykay I have ever read. I love it.

Except I neither know how to golf nor knit.

So.

Last edited:
Back