EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voting Update:

lobster-tails-empty-shells-picture-id1025237298

(empty lobster shells)

I know, lobster rolls are much better further North! But apparently The Encyclopedia of American Food and Drink says thats' where hot lobster rolls were invented. Lobster rolls are definitely better cold though as served in Massachusetts and Maine. I should have consulted with you to start off in Portland or somewhere in Maine, but I haven't really been to Maine much except Sunday River for skiing.

Food origins are tough to trace, there are so many foods whose origins aren't exactly in written record and contested such as 1,000 Island Dressing and Lobster Rolls to name a few.
lobster rolls should never be hot. Bleck.
now i want a lobster roll.

I actually did a Maine theme awhile back - it was great fun lol

I only had lobster roll once in Arizona.. n I never understood why its so popular...maybe I need to have a good one.... or just stick to lobster mac and cheese I liked that in Florida...
ew. why?
By the time a lobster rolls to AZ, it might be a bit too dried out to enjoy?
more than likely, it was frozen lobster meat. and i've had a lobster roll made from previously frozen lobster meat and i could tell. it was sub-par.

I fucking love Salem. It is so much fun there.

so im a terrible new englander. i dont think ive ever been to salem...
Remember we are going early to Frank Pepe's restaurant on Wooster Street since they don't take reservations and there is usually a line to get in. There are many things to see and do within New Haven due to Yale University being here. There are plenty of places for lunch weather you want to get more pizza, or sushi or whatever your heart's desire.
New Haven "apizza" is an abomination lol
I never went to Pepes when I lived in CT because I refuse to wait in line for more than like 20min. But I tried Modern Apizza. And meh.

so im a terrible new englander. i dont think ive ever been to salem...

New Haven "apizza" is an abomination lol
I never went to Pepes when I lived in CT because I refuse to wait in line for more than like 20min. But I tried Modern Apizza. And meh.
Yea it was definitely a long wait to get in but I went to Pepe's 3 times and it is definitely in my top 5 pizza places.

I had lobster mac and cheese when I visited Boston. Yum.

I haven't been to Maine but it's on my list!
I don't get the obsession everyone has with lobster mac. It's good, but it's like the fill up bowls at KFC- take all the leftover good stuff and throw it in some mashed potatoes. I'd rather enjoy each flavor independently and then make the decision myself on what to combine on my fork/in my trough.

I've only had Maine lobster once and it was great. I don't think there's anything inferior about Connecticut lobster, though. I lived most of my life in Maryland where seafood was plentiful and delicious and now I'm in the midwest and frozen shrimp is as exotic as I get. Food here is definitely not as good...but we make up for it with enormous portion sizes.

Its your fault @Dothracki PE you chose food as the theme now no one can stop :p .... I am not sure who to vote for... Madam is a def townie also I feel RBH is also a townie... I would randomly vote for @BlueBlueprint_PE but I can change based on what happens rest of the day.... I have nothing to backup my vote its purely random at this point....

Its your fault @Dothracki PE you chose food as the theme now no one can stop :p .... I am not sure who to vote for... Madam is a def townie also I feel RBH is also a townie... I would randomly vote for @BlueBlueprint_PE but I can change based on what happens rest of the day.... I have nothing to backup my vote its purely random at this point....
I feel like that's the way the first couple days goes anyway. but agree... food is now all i can think about! :LOL:

Back