EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Good morning everyone" said @blybrook PE, "and thank you for responding to the Craigslist ad looking for engineers. Remember this is a per diem position and will only last through the end of the assignment. You will be paid at an hourly rate based on your contract. Don't worry about what everyone else is getting paid, it's all based on everyone's trade and experience." Everyone looked around the large conference room that had been reduced from its usual capacity of chairs and has a large air purifier in the corner. @blybrook PE continued on, "Now, your the assignment. Due to the pandemic, we had to lay off a lot of our regular employees, but we just received a request to perform 3rd party inspection of an active construction site that is not too far from here. There have been some incidents lately and ownership suspects some of the unions might be behind it. It is a OSHA certified site, so all of the safety measures must be followed. Unfortunately that means that you must be subject to a drug test in order to be on the job site so we must do that first."

At this time @squaretaper LIT AF PE walked in with a cart filled with empty jars. They were wearing scrubs and a lab coat so obviously they must be a medical professional. "Good morning everyone, I'm sure some of you might have done this already, but just in case you haven't it is really simple. All you need to do is fill the cup with urine up to the line on the jar. If you need water, we have it available for you to drink." One by one, everyone took a jar and went into the restroom and emerged with a jar of yellow liquid. "Thank you everyone for your participation, I know it's a pain", said @blybrook PE, "but it is mandatory for this construction site. We will get the results in just a few hours and will follow up via email if there are any issues so until then, we also need to get you at least OSHA 10 certified. I am an instructor so we will do the training here for you all for free. So we will start with 5 hours today and finish 5 hours tomorrow morning. Now let's begin..."

FIVE HOURS LATER

"See now that wasn't so bad. There will be plenty more tomorrow, so we will see you then unless I get bad news from your drug test", said @blybrook PE as he gave everybody an elbow tap on the way out.

@ChebyshevII PE went home after that class, made their dinner, and sat down on the couch to relax with some quality memes on their phone with a glass of wine. After a while of looking at page after page of the Bernie Sanders Mitten memes, they opened up their email. The first email had an important flag and was from @blybrook PE. It said: "PLEASE READ, unfortunately your drug test results came back positive for steroids, which means that you will not be allowed to continue on with the assignment. You will be compensated for your time today, however your contract will be terminated effective at 9:00 PM today. Please let me know if there are are any questions, blybrook, P.E.". " Shoot", said @ChebyshevII PE, "must have been revenge of those dopers from the athletic games. "

@ChebyshevII PE was lynched by the town, he was an engineer.

Players remaining are: @jean15paul_PE, @DuranDuran, @beccabun PE, @MadamPirate PE, @LyceeFruit PE, @txjennah PE, @SaltySteve, @EyehatethePEexam, @RBHeadge PE, @NikR_PE, @BlueBlueprint_PE, @JayKay PE, @harshaPEAZ

Last edited:
They were wearing scrubs and a lab coat so obviously they must be a medical professional.
This is super sus. I also liked the fact that we all were able to fill the urine sample jars without having to chug multiple bottles of cold water (has flashbacks to my last urine test).

"Good morning everyone", said @blybrook PE as he looked upon everyone who already looked half asleep in the large conference room chairs in anticipation of another 5 hour session on construction safety. "I see that we only managed to lose one of us from the drug testing yesterday, so that is great news." Everyone suddenly awoke at the announcement, looked around, and noticed that @ChebyshevII PE was missing.

@blybrook PE continued "As engineers, we must carry on and fulfill our duties. I'm sure all of you remember your ethics lessons from when you took your FE exam. Anyway, let's get started with the lecture. Now where did we leave off... Oh yes! We were talking about safety on elevated platforms... "

As @blybrook PE rambled on about having appropriate harnesses when working on elevated platforms and unsecured floor openings while everyone dozed off either falling asleep or wondering what drugs @ChebyshevII PE was on. @RBHeadge PE was already halfway through their extra large toasted almond flavored ice coffee from Dunkin' in when they started to notice a sudden itchy sensation in their throat. They kept drinking the coffee to try to make it better, but that made it worse as he suddenly felt that he could not breathe and started having red splotches on their skin. They collapsed on the floor gasping for breath with no relief. As they fell, they dropped the coffee cup spilling the coffee, ice, and a bunch of peanuts onto the floor.

It was then that one of the group rushed to his side and recognized that @RBHeadge PE has having a severe allergic reaction. They reached into a bag they had nearby and pulled out an epi-pen, injected the pen into @RBHeadge PE's thigh. Within a few seconds they suddenly started breathing and was normal again. It seems someone had tried to kill @RBHeadge PE with peanuts somehow knowing they were highly allergic.

@RBHeadge PE was saved by the medic.

Players remaining are: @jean15paul_PE, @DuranDuran, @beccabun PE, @MadamPirate PE, @LyceeFruit PE, @txjennah PE, @SaltySteve, @EyehatethePEexam, @RBHeadge PE, @NikR_PE, @BlueBlueprint_PE, @JayKay PE, @harshaPEAZ

Last edited:
Back