EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I...don't think so? Union rat = scabby = union = mafia? Just making sure?
That is correct. Union rats are the bad guys in this scenario. Might seem contradictory to some who are not familiar with unions, but this scenario is very loosely based on personal experience with projects that utilize non-union trades hired by the client that get harrased by the unions in attempt to maintain union workers in business. See the attached image for example where 5 rats and a moving billboard were parked in front of a jobsite (not one I worked on).

IMG_20210114_111808_485.jpg

For context of the story: Inflatable rat - Wikipedia

Oh yeah,
That is correct. Union rats are the bad guys in this scenario. Might seem contradictory to some who are not familiar with unions, but this scenario is very loosely based on personal experience with projects that utilize non-union trades hired by the client that get harrased by the unions in attempt to maintain union workers in business. See the attached image for example where 5 rats and a moving billboard were parked in front of a jobsite (not one I worked on).

View attachment 21115

For context of the story: Inflatable rat - Wikipedia
Ah, okay. I totes think of the union being mafia from working in NYC as well, but I wasn't sure what the townies would be considered (non-union? Day laborers? Did I get picked up from the outside of a 7-11 at 4am to get some work in?)

Back