EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Architectural Engineering. I've got that degree plus a civil degree so i was hoping the structural section wouldn't suck so much. Don't reallyyyyy know how that worked out for me...
Ohhhh, a VERY rare ArchE in the wild! *grabs binoculars*

But...but...yer profile says Electrical? I so confuse.

Architectural Engineering. I've got that degree plus a civil degree so i was hoping the structural section wouldn't suck so much. Don't reallyyyyy know how that worked out for me...

My ArchE degree got me a job as an electrical engineer at an A/E firm where the boss is a fan of hiring ArchEs
This is a very interesting combination of skillsets. Demand all the moneys!! Esp if you live in most states where your PE won't be discipline specific. 

Need more details. What type of spaghetti? Is sauce involved? What type of sauce? What type of confetti? What cleaning supplies do I have? Am I cleaning this off a floor or clothes/myself? How long do I have? 
This whole time I though we were debating cleaning up spaghetti vs pringles. This is what happens when you skim.

you aren't alone.

My ArchE degree got me a job as an electrical engineer at an A/E firm where the boss is a fan of hiring ArchEs
I'm still confused. Do you do electrical work at the A/E firm or is it more ArchE work?

I'm still confused. Do you do electrical work at the A/E firm or is it more ArchE work?
@rebecca1 make an old dumb engineer smarter please. Is there such a thing as ArchE work? I assumed (misunderstood?) that ArchE was basically a jack of all trades of construction. So some civil, some electrical, some MEP, etc. But nothing existed that was specifically ArchE. Is that right or am I just all messed up?

Last edited by a moderator:
@rebecca1 make an old dumb engineer smarter please. Is there such a thing as ArchE work? I assumed (misunderstood?) that ArchE was basically a jack of all trades of construction. So some civil, some electrical, some MEP, etc. But nothing existed that was specifically ArchE. Is that right or am I just all messed up?
There's a whole thread on it in the HoF Forum:

HoF threads are always an entertaining read ;)

Back