EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i feel like it should be able to happen and if someone gets eliminated by everyone then they magically win the game! 

:multiplespotting:

Based on her questions, i think @tj_PE is not mafia (or she is just too smart for me). I am not mafia (hopefully that is believable). We also know that there cannot be more than 3 mafia left (else we would have lost the game).

Now based on these assumptions here is my recommendation: 

The cop should identify all the mafia members they know of. Stay silent and hidden only if you don't know any. The worst case scenario is that the cop only knows one mafia member. We can vote them out. Mafia will know who the cop is and probably kill them at night. But now assuming that me and @tj_PE are actual innocent people, we know who the other two mafia members are. and then we get our nunchucks out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

Game theory time.

There are six people left:

• RBHeadge
  • Roarbark
  • tj
  • NikR
  • AudiDriver
  • AlmostSE
We know that there is one cop and one mafia remaining. That leaves four plain villagers.

If the cop was actively playing the game both nights, then s/he can reveal that (up to) two people are certainly villagers.

So assuming only one person claims to be the cop, then that you mean that there are three publicly known villagers. And three suspects - who would each deny mafia ties. However two of those three would know that they aren't it, and have a 50/50 shot of picking the mafia member. The three known villagers would just choose to side with one of the selections of suspects. Yeah, its a 1/3 chance.

If they choose wrong, and assuming the cop goes "out in the field" too, then the next day there would be two confirmed villagers and two suspects. The two confirmed would then pick one of the remaining suspects. 50/50. the next day. If they choose wrong, then the next day a confirmed villager goes "out in the field" and all that's left is the one confirmed villager and the mafia. So that's a draw or a mafia win? Still seems like pretty good odds for the good guys to take this path.

The odds are different if the cop wasn't spying the last two nights, or more than one person claims to be the cop. But villagers may be able to figure out who's lying based on surveillance targets.

Based on her questions, i think @tj_PE is not mafia (or she is just too smart for me). I am not mafia (hopefully that is believable).
Jury's still out on you. But maybe @tj_PE is just that clever.

The cop should identify all the mafia members they know of. Stay silent and hidden only if you don't know any. The worst case scenario is that the cop only knows one mafia member. We can vote them out. Mafia will know who the cop is and probably kill them at night.
The cop may not have been playing well the last two nights and may not know of any suspects. Or both people being spied upon were killed in the morning.

Or the cop has been playing well - and wants another person before coming out with the info. It would play better for the odds outlined above, but there's also a 45% chance they get taken out by the villagers or the mafia tonight (if the villagers don't win outright). I haven't done the full event tree, but intuitively the odds don't really get better for the villagers if the cop waits another night - especially since the odds of a cleared person killed by the mafia or crowd really goes up.

we know who the other two mafia members are. and then we get our nunchucks out. 
I thought there was only one mafia remaining?

Jury's still out on you. But maybe @tj_PE is just that clever.

The cop may not have been playing well the last two nights and may not know of any suspects. Or both people being spied upon were killed in the morning.

Or the cop has been playing well - and wants another person before coming out with the info. It would play better for the odds outlined above, but there's also a 45% chance they get taken out by the villagers or the mafia tonight (if the villagers don't win outright). I haven't done the full event tree, but intuitively the odds don't really get better for the villagers if the cop waits another night - especially since the odds of a cleared person killed by the mafia or crowd really goes up.

I thought there was only one mafia remaining?

How do you know so? I thought we do not know how many mafia were there at the start of the game. And we have been only able to vote out one.

You guys really messed up by killing @vhab49_PE!
yeah, pretty much

I've been undercover. I vote RBHeadge PE. He's definitely the Don.
And now the mutual gun pointing starts. If @AlmostSE if mafia, this is a good way to identify the next target comes out. My response is to vote for him, and the villagers get to decide. But if he's just a chaos muppet, then it really fucks with any sort of logical way out of this problem.

Back