EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait.  wut?

Please post pics, but don't include moo, or we'll think you're mafia
So we have an addition on our house - its really small. I think the basement access used to be thru a bulkhead so this small room was built to allow for inside access. Its basically a mud room and where our fridge lives.

Like 2 months ago, I decided I wanted a small shelf hung under the window for a box of Moo's stuff so I could use the boot mat there for our backyard shoes. Well boyfriend went to do it and well, the section under the window was damaged (soggy stud, sheathing came off like mulch, insulation was a damp mess between the studs.

So the contractor came, did an estimate. And is here to do the work. And come to find out, the whole back wall of the addition was rotted. So theres a 8x12 hole in the house. And we also need an exterminator.

All because of a 6$ shelf

Guys, I went hiking with Moo and she did great. And then I came home to an exterior wall GONE. So my days been all over the place

So we have an addition on our house - its really small. I think the basement access used to be thru a bulkhead so this small room was built to allow for inside access. Its basically a mud room and where our fridge lives.

Like 2 months ago, I decided I wanted a small shelf hung under the window for a box of Moo's stuff so I could use the boot mat there for our backyard shoes. Well boyfriend went to do it and well, the section under the window was damaged (soggy stud, sheathing came off like mulch, insulation was a damp mess between the studs.

So the contractor came, did an estimate. And is here to do the work. And come to find out, the whole back wall of the addition was rotted. So theres a 8x12 hole in the house. And we also need an exterminator.

All because of a 6$ shelf
Ouch!!!

I assume the contractor communicated this to someone before removing the entire wall... not that it would have mattered I guess.

Best to catch is as early as possible. Don't want the whole house to have termites.

Ouch!!!

I assume the contractor communicated this to someone before removing the entire wall... not that it would have mattered I guess.

Best to catch is as early as possible. Don't want the whole house to have termites.
Yeah Boyfriend was here so he was aware. He did most of the demo down to the studs to save cost. But then the contactor had to install a temp wall and is framing the new wall as we speak.

I don't do well with mess and chaos. And my house is covered in dust and the kitchen is an explosion of things. And I just want to shower but there's literally no privacy rn

I lied. Carpenter ants not termites.

Wall is framed and theres plywood over the hole! Boyfriend is doing electrical now. He's gonna install an exterior outlet, replace the mud room lights but add additional lights so the stairs have lights, and replacing the exterior lights

I lied. Carpenter ants not termites.

Wall is framed and theres plywood over the hole! Boyfriend is doing electrical now. He's gonna install an exterior outlet, replace the mud room lights but add additional lights so the stairs have lights, and replacing the exterior lights
Are you stamping the electrical drawings? BF might need a consult. :)

Back