Dont end up like this guy..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for updating the link.

Its still unfortunate that this occurred, I wish the board was not being recognized for something so negative.

Just an FYI, there will be a lot heavier moderation after the next exam, super cool secret mods just to help out in case another unfortunate event happens again.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE (Road Guy @ Jun 28 2007, 09:53 AM)

Its still unfortunate that this occurred, I wish the board was not being recognized for something so negative.

I'm not so sure the board's recognition is so negative. They did point out that the post was only there for 10 or 15 minutes. That's a pretty quick reaction considering that running this board is not your primary occupation. The rules are posted here, they were knowingly broken, the offender paid a price. I would only see it as negative publicity if you had withheld the identity of the nitwit who posted the exam question.

Just my
2cents.gif

Jim

That is serious **** there. A guy probably ruined his life or at least, will have to wait a few years for a promo if he was counting on getting the license. If DVINNY warned him and he still posted the same thing again he deserved it. That shows two things in the way I see it. NCEES really has a vigilant eye on this board and that you guys are serious. That was a quick reaction. I was good that an admin was on the board at that point because who knows what would happened should the post stay a long time. Someone mention about a heavy watch after next test. I suggest a 24 hour watch for a couple of days and I am serious. You never know who might try that stunt again and is your good name on the line. I don't mean to be an ass kisser but I believe in recognition when a great job is done. Great job adms.

well they would most likely just issue a court order to get the information if we put up a fight (not that I dont think we did the right thing in the first place)

I think it was very professionally handled. I was quite impressed by the owners/mods/admins/ quick actions.

Well done.

interesting that the state board could prevent him from ever sitting for the exam again. i ddin't know that happened!

general info:

The perp's actions were unethical, of course. Violation of the "agreement" however, is a civil matter. A snippet is not copyright infringement.

But the "gotcha" is that the state board should drop him and fine him according to its policies for unethical behavior. This may include permanent or temporary suspension of his ability to re-apply for PE.

^^^^^That is true. I bet he is very sorry about what he did. The point is he deserves whatever they throw at him. He was warned at the test and when he posted here somobody told him. He ignored it and not only posted once, he posted again at other thread, if I understood what really happened. Bottom line: He got what he derserves. He has two options now. Move on or cry his whole life. Its up to him.

QUOTE (Road Guy @ Jun 26 2007, 10:02 AM)

Well I checked into buying www.engineeringboards.com and some company from china already owns it …..
Did they update the newsletter or am I just special? They had the name in there correctly when I read it.

Also, I don't think their description of the board was bad at all...I'd say it was quite accurate:

The post appeared on www.engineerboards.

com, a Web site created by engineers interested

in sharing advice—as well as some war

stories—with others preparing for the FE and

PE exams.

QUOTE (jeb6294 @ Jul 5 2007, 02:46 PM)

Did they update the newsletter or am I just special? They had the name in there correctly when I read it.

Also, I don't think their description of the board was bad at all...I'd say it was quite accurate:

The post appeared on www.engineerboards.

com, a Web site created by engineers interested

in sharing advice—as well as some war

stories—with others preparing for the FE and

PE exams.
They did fix it. RG scared them. He threatened to send F'tard's lawyers if they did not fix the mistake.

Nice! Good to see that they have us in their newsletter. Sorry to see that a guy got burned for it, but like all said, its his fault.

I'm especially glad / hope that this evidence that the NCEES is serious will disuade people from talking about the questions.

Ed

Well, unless a link to that article is posted permanently in the more public forums (esp. the PE Exam forum - maybe under the pinned Forum Rules topic?), I doubt anyone new will ever see it. The only reason I did was because I was in a severe bout of procrastination - I highly doubt I would have read the June 2007 NCEES "Licensure Review" otherwise. This thread will eventually become buried in the past.

I just read the NCEES article and remember the "Question" very well, it was one that contributed to my "P" grade (Civil/Geotech).

In my opinion, it would easily qualify as one of the simplest questions ever asked on a PE exam, and it is amazing to think that this guy may have scarred his professional career for a very long time over something so basic.

Ange_NYPE

QUOTE (Ange_NYPE @ Jul 6 2007, 02:00 AM)

I just read the NCEES article and remember the "Question" very well, it was one that contributed to my "P" grade (Civil/Geotech).

In my opinion, it would easily qualify as one of the simplest questions ever asked on a PE exam, and it is amazing to think that this guy may have scarred his professional career for a very long time over something so basic.

Ange_NYPE
Simple for you. I had absolutely no idea what that answer was.

Without being too specific, even if you did not know the answer during the exam, any strength of materials text book would have an explanation, one that you could look up on your own and avoid any exposure on a public forum.

Ange_NYPE

You're right. I just looked it up on page XX of my Cheng book. How funny. I actually think I got it right.

Integrity is a word that gets thrown around a lot, but I think you've actually got it here!

I'll try not to multiple post this one, but sometimes my trigger finger is itchy.

bump just to help dissuade anyone considering posting something about the exam.

Back