Dang you Bojangle's!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to use unsalted products and add some later if it needs it. It's easier to add more than take some out.
same here. It always grossed me out when my friends would add about 4-6 salt packets to the rectangular pizza from the high school cafeteria.

^ I've got high blood pressure pre-programmed into my genes. We tend to pick low or no sodium stuff when we can. I do breakdown and slather my french fries in salt when I get them though.

^ I've got high blood pressure pre-programmed into my genes. We tend to pick low or no sodium stuff when we can. I do breakdown and slather my french fries in salt when I get them though.

I remember you saying that you like to cook. Lately, as a nice side dish I've been making sweet potato fries with some of my dinners. They're super easy if you have a mandoline. I slice them very thin (like bistro fries), throw them in the frier for 4 or 5 minutes and they don't need any salt. I don't know if they're that bad for you since there isn't anything for the oil to soak in to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mandolin.jpg

How will one of these help me to cook? :p

Yes I do love to cook. I don't know what a mandoline is. I gotta look into that. I haven't had sweet potato fries often, but they are tasty.

I don't own a deep fryer. I don't have much use for one, but every now and again it would come in handy. Though, if I showed up with one, it would probably go over about as well as if I bought a stripper home instead.

Mandolin.jpg

How will one of these help me to cook? :p

Yes I do love to cook. I don't know what a mandoline is. I gotta look into that. I haven't had sweet potato fries often, but they are tasty.

I don't own a deep fryer. I don't have much use for one, but every now and again it would come in handy. Though, if I showed up with one, it would probably go over about as well as if I bought a stripper home instead.

Then without a doubt bring the stripper home. I have a cast iron dutch oven that I use for frying. It has a fry basket that goes with it. I don't think I'd want a fryer because it seems like it is more difficult to reuse the oil with one of those and I don't like leaving oil sitting around. It gets rancid.

Then without a doubt bring the stripper home. I have a cast iron dutch oven that I use for frying. It has a fry basket that goes with it. I don't think I'd want a fryer because it seems like it is more difficult to reuse the oil with one of those and I don't like leaving oil sitting around. It gets rancid.
Insert obligatory dutch oven joke here.

Do the sweet potatoes really not soak up much of the oil? I hate sweet potatoes, but love the sweet potato fries that the bar back in PA used to serve. They'd serve them with a side of the house hot sauce and blue cheese, and were to die for.

Damn, I was at a seminar all day. Otherwise I so woulda been on that dutch oven + stripper business.

We tend to make home fries in the oven, no fat other than a little cooking spray involved. Does that work with sweet potatoes?

Damn, I was at a seminar all day. Otherwise I so woulda been on that dutch oven + stripper business.
We tend to make home fries in the oven, no fat other than a little cooking spray involved. Does that work with sweet potatoes?

It's worth a try. Maybe I should go that route. My wife loves a baked sweet potatoe and the fried sweet potatoes as well.

And she loves when I cook in the dutch oven.

Right you are. Idiot I am.
However, I'm treading on dangerous ground. One of YKW's offenses was calling out grammar and spelling. I'll chalk it up to thinking of typing 'potatoes', and changing your mind mid-type. Nick-name suggestion rescinded. And I would like to point out, I never said you were an idiot. ;)

However, I'm treading on dangerous ground. One of YKW's offenses was calling out grammar and spelling. I'll chalk it up to thinking of typing 'potatoes', and changing your mind mid-type. Nick-name suggestion rescinded. And I would like to point out, I never said you were an idiot. ;)

Oh, I know. I was referring to one of the other posts today where someone claimed that half the population in this country are idiots. I know I'm not an idiot, just batshit crazy. :screwloose:

Last edited by a moderator:
^But your posts are fascinating to read! I always appreciate hearing other people's point of view especially when they are different than my own.

New nickname for Chuck: Dan Quayle.

Sorry dude, but I gotta call you out on the whole 'potato' vs. 'potatoe' thing.
The funny thing about that is that I can remember i the teacher telling us in 1st grade that either spelling was correct, but potato was becoming the more correct.

Take it for what it was worth. it was 1972.

here is their recipe so you can make them at home
[SIZE=24pt]Bojangles Biscuits
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]2 cups self rising flour[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2 teaspoons baking powder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2 teaspoons confectioners sugar[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1−1/2 cups buttermilk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Melted butter (about 1/4 cup)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Stir together the flour, baking powder & 10x sugar. Cut in the shortening[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]until pieces are about the size of grains of rice. Stir in the buttermilk.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Knead a few times, roll out on a floured board or counter top to 3/4−inch[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]thickness. Be careful not to work dough too much or add too much flour, or[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]you'll have dry biscuits. Cut with an oversized biscuit cutter (about 3−[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]inches). Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes in a[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]preheated 450 degree oven.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]
[/SIZE]
^I now have no further questions to ask.

(my last question was "why do all my southern relatives contract heart disease at such an early age???)

I love Bojangles!!!! I have a trailer at Atlantic Beach, and when I'm down there on the weekends, all we've had is ONE McDonalds!! well I just got a notice last week in the water bill that a NEW Bojangles will be coming soon!!! so not only am I getting a new biscuit place in the morning, but now they're my hero for helping STIMULATE the economy!

Back