Coronavirus home office

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my internet was jacked up yesterday & no one was really up until noon.. I wonder if there is a way to switch bandwidth from the commercial districts to the residential areas?

regardless Ive got some conf calls today that need to go well so I am going to the office - I have my "I work for a Contractor" get out of jail free card - but I dont think they are stopping people..

my internet was jacked up yesterday & no one was really up until noon.. I wonder if there is a way to switch bandwidth from the commercial districts to the residential areas?

regardless Ive got some conf calls today that need to go well so I am going to the office - I have my "I work for a Contractor" get out of jail free card - but I dont think they are stopping people..
My "get out of jail free" would be I work for a water utility

I love it. The work from home BATTLESTATIONS thread.

I'm just setup at the dining room table. I missed having 2 monitors at work, so I just went with 2 laptops!.On the left is my work laptop for VPN, CAD, FEA, and network folders. On the right is my personal laptop for web-based stuff that doesn't need the work network: email, calendar, Microsoft Teams, Slack, to-do lists and bullshitting online (EB boards, youtube, etc).

89765631_555831091970434_6617596918602137600_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I should move the router to the basement (my temp office) so i can plug into the LAN- I think that gives me first dibs on “the internet” in the house?

Also the cat does not like sharing it’s bathroom area with me-

ac8cf0f284937c56b726bd1db5971da3.jpg

thats a nice set up right there!

I went in and stole my office chair from work last Friday - already 100 X better than last monday!

haven't done a full transformation yet bc I had to carry in, put together, and flip upright that big ass heavy desk by myself in the small constraints of this tiny ass den. but i love it. i have plans to replace the dark black shelf and the **** over by the window too, but I can only do and move so much at a time as one person. lol

I finally "finished" screening in my porch this past weekend.  Good news - Now I can work outside without mosquitoes bouncing off me or chickens crapping on the deck.   Bad news - dog forgot that we now have screen installed.  Pet screen - 1, doggo - 0

haven't done a full transformation yet bc I had to carry in, put together, and flip upright that big ass heavy desk by myself in the small constraints of this tiny ass den. but i love it. i have plans to replace the dark black shelf and the **** over by the window too, but I can only do and move so much at a time as one person. lol
Den?  Does your big monitor have double duty as your tv?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what I miss the most is having 32"+ desk area so you can have paper in between you and keyboard?  I may grab some plywood and rig something up - my current desk width is only 24" 

^That's the biggest thing I hate about working at client sites.  I rescued the desk I have from an office that was closing.  The working surface is 36" x 72". 

Back