College Football 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed.  No Oklahoma, no top four.  They also beat Nebraska who was a top 10 team at the time, and finished with only three losses.  And they beat them 62-3.

I have never understood the "top 10 team at the time" that means nothing. Nebraska is garbage, that's like saying it means something that the Broncos beat the Panthers in the first game of the season, we now know that didn't mean as much today as it did 13 weeks ago..

But hopefully we all agree Washington State doesn't stand much of a chance...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never understood the "top 10 team at the time" that means nothing. Nebraska is garbage, that's like saying it means something that the Broncos beat the Panthers in the first game of the season, we now know that didn't mean as much today as it did 13 weeks ago..

It doesn't mean anything, but they were a three loss team, and weren't that bad.  

For one, I won't sign up to the "Washington State doesn't stand much of a chance" mantra.  I think Minnesota will have its work cut out for them.  As for Top 10 team at the time.  Of course that makes sense.  Injuries happen, players start playing poorly due to distraction or whatever.  Poor coaching decisions result in a loss in a close game.  There's a host of issues that will make a team better at one time than another. Some teams get better as the season goes on, some get worse.

Yeah, what's the over/under for [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]anyone caring if[/COLOR] the Holiday bowl even happening?
Fixed it....

On a more serious note as a follow-up:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/17/minnesota-players-end-their-boycott-play-holiday-bowl/95554346/

The first article I read about the boycott was pretty bad.  It didn't even mention the reason for the boycott or the suspensions until the very end, almost as a side note.  The article in the link above was a lot better, although it makes me scratch my head.  Sounds like some girl reported an assault and the police investigated and the county attorney's office didn't press charges because there was no evidence to prove an assault happened.  So, how does the school come back and suspend 10 players anyway?  I know schools always like to use the "athletes being held to a higher standard" line, but if the police and county attorney say there's no charges to press, then who is the school to say otherwise?  Also, the articles say there were 4 players investigated.  How did it end up being 10 getting suspended by the school?

Fixed it....

On a more serious note as a follow-up:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/17/minnesota-players-end-their-boycott-play-holiday-bowl/95554346/

The first article I read about the boycott was pretty bad.  It didn't even mention the reason for the boycott or the suspensions until the very end, almost as a side note.  The article in the link above was a lot better, although it makes me scratch my head.  Sounds like some girl reported an assault and the police investigated and the county attorney's office didn't press charges because there was no evidence to prove an assault happened.  So, how does the school come back and suspend 10 players anyway?  I know schools always like to use the "athletes being held to a higher standard" line, but if the police and county attorney say there's no charges to press, then who is the school to say otherwise?  Also, the articles say there were 4 players investigated.  How did it end up being 10 getting suspended by the school?

In the legal world, there are different standards of guilt, such as "beyond a reasonable doubt," "beyond the shadow of a doubt," "preponderance of evidence."  Just because the prosecutor didn't feel they had enough evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, doesn't mean the guys were totally guilt-free.  Besides, most schools make students--not just athletes, but all students--sign a code of conduct that says if they tarnish the image of the school, they can be disciplined.  This can simply be creating bad press, even without committing a crime.  I had some friends go through something like this in college, and the school has very wide latitude to discipline or expel students outside of the legal system.  When it comes to sports, the rules get even more strict.  These guys are looked up to and they should be held to a higher standard.  And look at Penn State--I'm sure the school doesn't want any chance of getting into trouble with NCAA for not taking claims of sexual violence seriously.

I'm assuming they basically raped some poor girl, but all they could "find evidence" for is they "student athletes" were out after curfew and using alcohol..

It would be nice to see more schools take this stand with their pre Madonna's!

I'm assuming they basically raped some poor girl, but all they could "find evidence" for is they "student athletes" were out after curfew and using alcohol..

It would be nice to see more schools take this stand with their pre Madonna's!
Preach!

looks like the Minnesota team gave up on their boycott pretty quick!

---

But why cant we start these bowl games (at least the good ones anyways) a little earlier? I mean there is not jack **** on TV right now to watch!

LA state governor threatens to shut down LSU football? :huh:    :Locolaugh:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14764642/louisiana-gov-john-bel-edwards-threatens-future-lsu-tigers-football-tax-proposals-passed

However, I did find it amusing that LSU recently put in an 85 MILLION DOLLAR lazy river.  Seems excessive...
Yeah no ****.  I swam for the school and that money could've made one hell of a swim complex .  See auburn Texas a&am georgia.  Dumb ass bitches.  Yes I swam for LSU 

Well that was ugly, but I'm glad it finally happened.  OSU's co-offensive coordinators/QB coaches have been getting a pass ever since Tom Herman left for Houston.  You can bet your ass that ****'s coming to an end (boosters will demand it whether Meyer wants to or not).  Last time that happened, it was on defense.  They canned one guy, demoted the other, and brought in Koombs/Schiano, and totally transformed the defense.  If they can do the same on offense with the talent they have at freshmen, they should be on the up and up.

Urban Meyer looked like he is ready for another "retirement" at his press conference:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urban Meyer looked like he is ready for another "retirement" at his press conference:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He won't go anywhere, but there is going to be a lot of pressure on him to make big changes.  

IMO, they need to look at a change at QB as well.  Make Barrett an option RB/TE, sort of like they did Braxton Miller.  Joe Burrow and Dwayne Haskins are both big, pro-style QB's who can sling the ball around like nobody's business (especially Burrow).  If they can get the outside of their OL as good as they were expected to be, they will both have all day to throw.  The downside is they are both Freshman and don't have big game experience, which is why I wish they put one of them in for the Clemson game.

Back