College Football 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 1. Bama, 2. OSU, 3. Clemson, 4. Washington

As bad as the OSU offense has been lately, I wish they'd go in as a 4 seed so Alabama could rip the band-aid off that much faster.  My heart can take a championship game loss.  Then again, Alabama showed some definite holes in their game against Auburn, especially if you can pressure their QB.

I still think its fucked up that were going to have non conference champions in the "championship"

& you SEC haters know good and well that if Florida some how beats Alabama in Atlanta this weekend that you will be whining and bitching if Alabama was still in the top 4..

Big 10 championship game is between penn state and Wisconsin ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Clemson loses; nobody wants to watch another rematch with Bama. Dabo Swinney is a baby back bitch too.

I also hope Penn State wins and the committee puts them in the top four instead of OSU. 

They would sooner put the B10 champ in WITH OSU and bump the PAC 12 champ out of the top 4.  If Colorado beats Washington, there's a better than 50% chance of that happening. 

The problem with OSU and Penn St. is that PS beat OSU at PS on a fluke play right at the end of the game. In reality, PS should be playing OSU for the Big Ten championship because they're both 8-1 in the conference. Since the Big Ten is just as greedy as everyone else in college sports and is actually now the "Big 14", Wisconsin who is in the "west" is playing PS even though they're 7-2.

They're both 8-1 in their conference, but OSU has the better overall record including beating Michigan. You can't say PS should be ranked higher than them without them playing again.

*disclaimer* Even though I live in Ohio, I have no particular affinity for OSU. I don't root against them, but I'm not one of their douchie alumni/bandwagoneers either.

I hope Colorado wins the region AAA championship this week just to add some further confusion into college football's joke of a "playoff "system

Of course, the answer is to go to 8 teams, but then what would there be to argue about?

The refs?

But I think it would make college football much better in that you wouldn't have to be "perfect" to make it to the big game, and maybe teams would schedule better opponents and drop a good portion of the cupcakes

I like it just the way it is. It is rare, but every once in a while, you have teams winning their conference that have no business in the playoff (2012 Wisconsin). I never want to see it expand to 8 teams, because it will become more NFL like where teams can finish strong, go 9-3 and end up in the top 8. I would be ok with expanding to 6 teams where the top two get a bye, but nothing more than that.

I'd love to see a 9-3 "Cinderella" make it through and win in an 8 team playoff.  Sure would make things interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't care this year. I'm just happy that my CU Buffs won the Pac 12 South. Everything else is gravy.

All I have to say is.......GO BUCKY!!!!! :D   :poop:

images

There is no way to make people happy. Years ago they were screaming, begging for a playoff system. They got it but nothing has changed. Maybe because the playoff system is based on the ranking system?

I would say...if you do not win your conference you have no business playing for the national championship but then we have college basketball...and that is how the fight started.

Latest posts

Back