Client Holiday Gift Ideas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consultants who bring us in bagels are duds. Yay, it's a brown paper bag of bagels and that communal cream cheese that's ruined because someone got crumbs in it. 

Breakfast burritos, on the other hand, would fucking rock. 

I also think bringing in Voodoo Donuts would be acceptable. 

And I'll whore myself out for a Harry and David gift box. 

Consultants who bring us in bagels are duds. Yay, it's a brown paper bag of bagels and that communal cream cheese that's ruined because someone got crumbs in it. 

Breakfast burritos, on the other hand, would fucking rock. 

I also think bringing in Voodoo Donuts would be acceptable. 

And I'll whore myself out for a Harry and David gift box. 
Does the gifts under $30 work for ya? Or does it have to be classier than that?

I remember someone saying something about a company bringing in a giant bento box or something for lunch and thinking that sounded cool...  I guess it depends on if you are looking for one big gift like food for everyone (which usually gets taken over by upper management anyway) or a small token for many people? 

little 8 oz cans of coke, with a shot bottle of jack and a straw all wrapped in a ribbon 

mugs

NICE PENS (especially if it's for govt employees because usually pens that the govt buys don't actually write)

So what are some good group gift ideas you have given (or received)?

I am tasked with getting something for all our local government clients, who can receive food but not much else for the Christmas times...

In the past I have done bagels and breakfast burritos, etc?

Any other good idears?
You only looking for food ideas? Or small tokens under a certain $$ figure?

Food: ham or smoked turkey, bring in a barista and make lattes or other coffee drinks with something for breakfast to eat, breakfast burritos are always a hit (but then again, we here in Tejas get them from Spanish only speaking ladies in the area), cheese and summer sausage gift packs, chocolates, gourmet coffee or tea to brew at home.

Items: think about things people could use at work that maybe the company doesn't provide but would make life easier. I wish someone would give us those magnifying glass "globe" paperweights. They come in handy trying to read some drawings. Do a lot of people wear winter scarves and caps?Maybe a set of those. Or a pair of winter gloves. Yeti cups (we've had a lot of those going around).

Oh, and if they do a lot of field work, a backpack or something to carry crap in, in the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
About 10 years ago, we had a vendor that would give out space pens.  I don't remember who the vendor was (mostly because I moved out of state a couple years later), but thought they were pretty cool gifts.  I got a standard space pen one year and then got a multi-function one with stylus the next year.  I just wish I knew where they were  :(

so I ended up getting some pre made candy baskets at Costco. (They have some pretty good stuff for the hellidays) and now I submitted my expense report and it gets rejected because I guess buying holiday gifts violated some corporate policy? Even though I was directed to buy them?   Gesus Krist sometimes big corporations are just as bad as the government...

If I had known I would have just not used the corporate card and Expensed it as mileage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so I ended up getting some pre made candy baskets at Costco. (They have some pretty good stuff for the hellidays) and now I submitted my expense report and it gets rejected because I guess buying holiday gifts violated some corporate policy? Even though I was directed to buy them?   Gesus Krist sometimes big corporations are just as bad as the government...
Are we getting a candy basket too!![emoji517][emoji517][emoji517][emoji517]

I've gotten a personally signed (not printed digital signatures) card and an e-card (that was more of a sales pitch slideshow on how they got their charitable donation tax deductions this year).  

we went and bought some plain xmas cards and then we all signed them before I took the " gifts"  I then told them that corporate makes us send the holiday email cards and apologized in advance!

Are we getting a candy basket too!!
emoji517.png
emoji517.png
emoji517.png
emoji517.png
My gift to you all is that PPI and I had a conference call Monday where they offered me $25,000 for the website.   I respectfully declined & that is your gift basket (this year)!!!!

so everyone keep clicking on the PPI ads so they will at least continue to buy advertising!

Back