can your stamp have a different name than your legal name?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely need to get rid of my middle name from the license and my stamp.  Calling CA and I'll report back later.

Within California, this is addressed in Title 16 California Code of Regulations, Division 5, Section 411(a)(3)(A) and 411(d), which allow the use of either the "Licensee’s name as it appears on the certificate issued by the Board" or "an abbreviated form of the licensee’s given name or a combination of initials representing the licensee’s given name provided the surname listed with the Board appears on the seal and in the signature."
That is hugely helpful!  Thank you.

Definitely need to get rid of my middle name from the license and my stamp.  Calling CA and I'll report back later.
Quoting myself... board etiquette? 

As a follow-up, I called CA on Friday to try to get my middle name off of my pending certificate.  It's just too long and unnecessary in the name.  The board was very receptive and it sounds like it's not an issue at all, but the woman who deals with it left for the week.  I think it's feasible to have the certificate/stamp say what you'd like within reason.

Latest posts

Back