CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My co worker pointed out an interesting observation. Everyone that has received their letter still need to pass something. Does that mean the people who has a Calif address that did not receive the letter passed? Or is this too much of a wishful thinking? Talking about PE Civil w/ seismic/survey.
I believe it is just because they are close to Sacramento and it only took a day for the mail to get to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Miami, FL:As I posted in "Half Full" I passed Seismic Structure and have to retake Surveying (the gut feeling I had after the test).

Which is the better prep and study guide for surveying, other than the PPI books. (Speaking of, I had a bad feeling when I got the PPI catalog in the mail Friday)
Might not want to take my advice, because I'm still waiting to pass Surveying. I took Reza Mahallatis course, with his study book. www.surveyingreview.com. Time was a big factor for me as I felt could do all the problems, and was forced to guess about 10 at the end.

From Miami, FL:As I posted in "Half Full" I passed Seismic Structure and have to retake Surveying (the gut feeling I had after the test).

Which is the better prep and study guide for surveying, other than the PPI books. (Speaking of, I had a bad feeling when I got the PPI catalog in the mail Friday)
Might not want to take my advice, because I'm still waiting to pass Surveying. I took Reza Mahallatis course, with his study book. www.surveyingreview.com. Time was a big factor for me as I felt could do all the problems, and was forced to guess about 10 at the end.
Much appreciated Testy..I'll see if I can order the book by mail. I ordered Hiner's and used that to study for seismic.

My co worker pointed out an interesting observation. Everyone that has received their letter still need to pass something. Does that mean the people who has a Calif address that did not receive the letter passed? Or is this too much of a wishful thinking? Talking about PE Civil w/ seismic/survey.
Haha, good one...and certainly hope is true as I didn't receive the letter, but I think is not. One think I noticed too by talking to people around - letters were very scattered. Your neighbour next door got the letter but you don't. Don't know how they managed to do this, CA Board is full of surprises. They posted that the letters were mailed on Friday - yet there are people near Sacramento who didn't receive the news yet. It only takes a day normally to those areas...

Patience my friends...I am in SoCA so hope for tomorrow.

Haha, good one...and certainly hope is true as I didn't receive the letter, but I think is not. One think I noticed too by talking to people around - letters were very scattered. Your neighbour next door got the letter but you don't. Don't know how they managed to do this, CA Board is full of surprises. They posted that the letters were mailed on Friday - yet there are people near Sacramento who didn't receive the news yet. It only takes a day normally to those areas...

I assume they are sending rejection latters early, but this is way too smart for CABPELS

I assume they are sending rejection latters early, but this is way too smart for CABPELS
I've been asking again and again on PPI forum if there is anybody that pass all 3 (civil) and found themselves on database - to confirm or infirm. Nobody said a word, so maybe the bad news letters were sent first so people can register by the 21st deadline? Again, pure speculation...

I've been asking again and again on PPI forum if there is anybody that pass all 3 (civil) and found themselves on database - to confirm or infirm. Nobody said a word, so maybe the bad news letters were sent first so people can register by the 21st deadline? Again, pure speculation...
There's no need to ask again and again about the database update date. See several posts above and this thread: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=14686

Yes, thanks, I only saw that 2 hours ago only...My point is nobody said I passed all and did not find my name in the database. And btw, it said that database has been updated on Jan 9th if you look on CA Board.

There's no need to ask again and again about the database update date. See several posts above and this thread: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=14686

Well I guess I won't be showing up in the database this time. I was waiting on Engineering Survey and got the letter today. Failed again!!!!! I passed the 8 hour and Seismic on the first try but for some reason the surveying is giving me a little bit of trouble. So for those who passed the CA Eng. Survey test this time around, what are your suggestions for me in April, ie...review course, study material... Thanks in advance.

Yes, thanks, I only saw that 2 hours ago only...My point is nobody said I passed all and did not find my name in the database. And btw, it said that database has been updated on Jan 9th if you look on CA Board.

I will say it again I have passed them all and my name is not in the database.

people who passed are probably too giddy out celebrating

Got my results today...(Santa Cruz, CA) It was my first time taking the test:

Civil Environmental Section: passed

Seismic: failed

Surveying: passed

So sad, but happy that I don't have to go through the whole process again! The ironic thing is, of the time I studied, I spent 60% of it on the seismic!

I didn't get anything in the mail today either and I am in Eureka,CA. I only had the 8hr left to pass which I did.

From New York

Failed Surveying ans Seismic, Passed 8 hour!

My friend and have the same address, didn't get the mail!!!!

My wife called me at work to tell me the Cal PELS letter came. I passed Survey and bombed Seismic. Makes sense since I studied my a. off for Survey and maybe spent 4 total hours on Seismic.

Back