CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to make an open petition to our CA board should we not receive our results by the end of next week in January. Our board needs to get their shit straight and be more transparent in terms of what they are doing with the results they SHOULD have received by now from NCEES. For us having to wait a couple more weeks up to a month later compared to the other states is absurd, as it gives the CA failing candidates a disadvantage to start planning for the next exam in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what is the deal with CA board this time?Which exams would be released through NCEES (if any) and which ones through the Board? and WHEN?
According to someone who posted recently, the CA board claims they have not received all the results from NCEES yet.
I honestly don't know whether to believe the CA board, as the CA board has a pretty lousy track record in terms of releasing results back to us in a timely manner.

Best advice, if you felt that you were confident on 70% problems or less, start studying. That way, if you do get the late news from the CA board that you failed, you will be up ahead in terms of preparing for the April exam.
I don't think that source is reliable. NCEES specifically states that all of the results have been released to all of the states. I believe CA Board merely has to validate them and then tell NCEES to allow examinees to access their results via their website, which is the way some of the other states, like CT, did recently. One of us should maybe try and call CA Board today, but tough to get anyone who really knows on this holiday week. Going crazy/unable to work in San Jose.
HOPEFULLY SOON I AM NOT ABLE TO CONCENTRATE ON MY WORK

HOPEFULLY SOON I AM NOT ABLE TO CONCENTRATE ON MY WORK
I suggest you start going back to work (unless you have today off.) The CA board is definitely not going to be releasing the results today. You will have to wait till January like the rest of us here in California are.
If you want, set your audible personal e-mail alert on, in case of some chance in blue hell that you receive an e-mail from the California board to go check the NCEES website. That way, you can concentrate on your work.

25 states have reported, a couple states using results by mail have even notified their respective examinees. Status quo...California is upholding its reputation for being one of the least organized and slowest to release PE exam resutls.

I stumbled upon this website yesterday. It's cool and all, but It's got me on edge waiting for my results. Going in, I knew CA took till the end of January to release results and that all the other states released them first. I was ok with that - and was not going to start checking the mail box until late January.

I guess finding out that we might get the results via the MyNCEES website is what's got me all anxious about it.

It does not sound like CA has not confirmed to anyone on this board whether or not they will even release the 8hr results separately from the state-specific results. If they won't... then I don't think we will be getting the results through the MyNCEES at all----and we're in for a long wait like usual.

From the craptacular CA BPELS Website:

Release of the October 2010 Engineering and Land Surveying Examination Results

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RESULTS BE GIVEN OUT BY TELEPHONE.

The Board anticipates releasing all NCEES and State-Specific examination results for the EIT (FE), LSIT (FS), PE, and PLS examinations (with the exception of the California State-Specific Structural Engineer examination results) in early January 2011. The Board anticipates releasing California State-Specific Structural Engineer examination results by end of January 2011.

Posted December 30, 2010

From the craptacular CA BPELS Website:

The Board anticipates releasing all NCEES and State-Specific examination results for the EIT (FE), LSIT (FS), PE, and PLS examinations (with the exception of the California State-Specific Structural Engineer examination results) in early January 2011. The Board anticipates releasing California State-Specific Structural Engineer examination results by end of January 2011.

Posted December 30, 2010
Thank you and Happy New Year, at least I know I will not check on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Did you passed the PE last tme..if not, You will pass this time!

Damn California, they can find a way to f-up a wet dream. How hard is it just to allow NCEES to give pass/fail over their website? After all, NCEES provided the entrance letters.

I'd really like to know what exactly is done and/or required to "validate" the results? I bet they are doing that now and realized they can have it done sometime next week- which is why they posted the early January comment. Doesn't seem much would be required to "validate", in fact probably a computer program could be utilized to do whatever it is they want to check. At least this is much better than the end of Jan, gotta give them credit for that.

Board Website says early january. They updated it today
I was about to post a link to this: http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/oct10results.shtml

Posted December 30, 2010
So, there you have it California. Stop waiting in anticipation for your results to come out today or tomorrow, and go back to your normal activities (whatever it is that you are doing.) Otherwise, just sleep on it.

First do :waitwall: Then do a little: :smileyballs: Don't forget to: :deadhorse:

Then don't lose it and: :210: Its OK if you don't feel like: :reading: Too Bad you can't motivate the Board to swimmingly give out the results: :sharkattack: Might as well: :40oz:

Before you go: :blowup:

In general the state is the most progressive state and the board is the most sluggish board it even manages to beat New York

Board Website says early january. They updated it today
I was about to post a link to this: http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/oct10results.shtml

Posted December 30, 2010
So, there you have it California. Stop waiting in anticipation for your results to come out today or tomorrow, and go back to your normal activities (whatever it is that you are doing.) Otherwise, just sleep on it.
EIT RESULT IS ALREADY OUT FOR CA, WHY THEY MENTIONING EARLY JAN.

Back