CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called NCEES because I can't even log onto the NCEES website, and the lady informed me that there is nothing to view there which is why hte site is not even allowing you to log on- weird, but okay.. She said that they have released the results to the states but need the states to validate them even though CA says that it doesn't need to be validated. NCEES says, they need to get permission from the State Boards to release the results...
will it even happen today?????????

I had the same problem logging in to NCEES. The website is all honked and it's hard to log in. But I figured out a "back door" entry. ;) Instead of going to "MY NCEES" at the top, right, go to the "Click here to register or log in" on this page: http://www.ncees.org/Exams/States/CA.php

That should let you log in.

However, now that I am logged in, I still see this: "Exam results/diagnostics not yet available"

I called NCEES because I can't even log onto the NCEES website, and the lady informed me that there is nothing to view there which is why hte site is not even allowing you to log on- weird, but okay.. She said that they have released the results to the states but need the states to validate them even though CA says that it doesn't need to be validated. NCEES says, they need to get permission from the State Boards to release the results...

I had the same problem logging in to NCEES. The website is all honked and it's hard to log in. But I figured out a "back door" entry. ;) Instead of going to "MY NCEES" at the top, right, go to the "Click here to register or log in" on this page: http://www.ncees.org/Exams/States/CA.php

However, now that I am logged in, I still see this: "Exam results/diagnostics not yet available"

I don't think I can handle the anxiety............. I wish they'll post the results sooner than later.

I don't think I can handle the anxiety............. I wish they'll post the results sooner than later.

I would not count on it. For the last 5 years, the earliest CA got results was 85 days after test. Two more weeks if we are lucky!!!

Happy New Year!!!

:winko:

I would not count on it. For the last 5 years, the earliest CA got results was 85 days after test. Two more weeks if we are lucky!!!

Happy New Year!!!

yeah, but since they are using the NCEES online system I thought they might be earlier! WAH!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

yeah, but since they are using the NCEES online system I thought they might be earlier! WAH!!!!!
I meant since they are using the online system for the first time i thought it would be earlier.

Here is the response I received from the California Board sometime ago -

We anticipate releasing all NCEES and state specific results for PE and PLS with the exception of the state specific structural in early January. We anticipate releasing the state specific structural results by the end of January.

Here is the response I received from the California Board sometime ago -
We anticipate releasing all NCEES and state specific results for PE and PLS with the exception of the state specific structural in early January. We anticipate releasing the state specific structural results by the end of January.
NCEES told me they would post CA results on their site 8-10 weeks from the test. I work in Texas and all my colleagues got their scores from TX today (and passed). The anxiety has REALLY kicked in now...

I just got back from an xmas vacation, and from what I know is that the 8hr CA results should come out directly from NCEES this week. Perhaps also the state specific, surveying and seismic, but read a blog which stated it required CA Board validation. Bottom line CA Board made a deadline of Jan 21st for reflile postmark, so at the latest Jan 14th everybody should have results. Happy New Year. Good luck fellow blogger Engineers!

I just got back from an xmas vacation, and from what I know is that the 8hr CA results should come out directly from NCEES this week. Perhaps also the state specific, surveying and seismic, but read a blog which stated it required CA Board validation. Bottom line CA Board made a deadline of Jan 21st for reflile postmark, so at the latest Jan 14th everybody should have results. Happy New Year. Good luck fellow blogger Engineers!
The CA Board has the scores now. They're sitting on them, and are not planning to release them until early January.

Email from a CA Exams Manager on 12/29 -

It is my understanding that we have not received all the results from NCEES as of this date. What results we have received are being evaluated and correlated with whatever state specific results we have also received.

We expect all national and state specific results with the exception of the state structural to be released early January. We expect state structural to be released by the end of January. As a licensee myself I can fully appreciate your anxiety. While we are excited ourselves with ability to release results weeks sooner than recent memory, we must ensure that the new processes are handled appropriately.

Note: This guy took the time to respond to my email while he was on vacation. Some people still care.

So hopefully by next Friday (1/7)... Not bad considering that historically california is almost double what most other states are as far as wait time

I just want this thread be on the first page. As of 12/30/2010 @ 9:30 EST that there is no result on thet NCEESaccount.

Whew, I can kick back to mid to late January now.

Good luck everyone!

California is a budget mess and e PE mess. Their website does not even say a word about when they will release the pe results

Does anyone know what is the deal with CA board this time?

Which exams would be released through NCEES (if any) and which ones through the Board? and WHEN?

See notes under the CA PE Results thread. Different than this one. Official word is that it will "early January" with the exception of structural which will be near the end of January

Does anyone know what is the deal with CA board this time?Which exams would be released through NCEES (if any) and which ones through the Board? and WHEN?
According to someone who posted recently, the CA board claims they have not received all the results from NCEES yet.
I honestly don't know whether to believe the CA board, as the CA board has a pretty lousy track record in terms of releasing results back to us in a timely manner.

Best advice, if you felt that you were confident on 70% problems or less, start studying. That way, if you do get the late news from the CA board that you failed, you will be up ahead in terms of preparing for the April exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what is the deal with CA board this time?Which exams would be released through NCEES (if any) and which ones through the Board? and WHEN?
According to someone who posted recently, the CA board claims they have not received all the results from NCEES yet.
I honestly don't know whether to believe the CA board, as the CA board has a pretty lousy track record in terms of releasing results back to us in a timely manner.

Best advice, if you felt that you were confident on 70% problems or less, start studying. That way, if you do get the late news from the CA board that you failed, you will be up ahead in terms of preparing for the April exam.
I don't think that source is reliable. NCEES specifically states that all of the results have been released to all of the states. I believe CA Board merely has to validate them and then tell NCEES to allow examinees to access their results via their website, which is the way some of the other states, like CT, did recently. One of us should maybe try and call CA Board today, but tough to get anyone who really knows on this holiday week. Going crazy/unable to work in San Jose.

Back