CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the letter saying I failed survying but I took seismic alsoBut did not say I passed it .. I had passed 8 hr last Oct

Just said

Engineering survey fail

Take home pass

And only diagnostics for survey
You must have passed the SEISMIC then.

SO for sure if your name is not on database you have failed? Maybe they partially uploaded database......
i was wondering the same thing. i'm hoping they didn't add the people who passed all 3 this run, just so i still have hope until the letter gets here. i have a feeling i'll be back for seismic though.

Just got my letter in the mail, I passed the national exam and the letter says I failed the survey portion and said nothing about the seismic so I'm guessing I passed seismic? Or does it come in a different letter? This letter also mentions nothing about the national exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my letter in the mail, I passed the national exam and the letter says I failed the survey portion and said nothing about the seismic so I'm guessing I passed seismic? Or does it come in a different letter? This letter also mentions nothing about the national exam.
Got exact same letter... We only have survey left

Best of luck

That's what I figured as I was pretty confident I did well on the seismic. Best of luck to you too, getting different study material the PPI stuff for surveying was not representative of the actual exam.

Best of luck
I got the same letter. How are you so sure that we only have surveying left??

Its been a long road, but I passed, this is such a relief. The board has been very helpfull especially in helping to identify references. Thanks everyone and good luck to all.

I finally PASSED the exam! :party-smiley-048:

...just to share my personal experience. i doesn't matter how many times you take the exam, what is important is that you did your best and gained knowledge and wisdom to become a worthy professional engineer. the last time I took my survey exam, i covered my TV screen with post-it with formulas and important key points on it. I didn't watch any tv program for 3 months... I devoted my leisure time with my preparation for the exam.

most importantly, hardwork with faith with the Greatest PE will make you a successful!

for those who didn't make it, don't lose hope. taking the exam again will make you a better professional.

for those who passed... CONGRATULATIONS!

Congrats to all who passed. the License lookup database is already updated. If you are still waiting for seismic and survey results, you can check your name on there to see if you passed.

Best of luck
I got the same letter. How are you so sure that we only have surveying left??
you know what I am starting to be suspicious now. May be will get another letter with seismic results. Whats weird is that this is the 1st time we get a letter that looks like this

no National exam results which I passed already, and no seismic results..just survey and the take home

will find out..I hope seismic is out of the way

any one got both results for seismic and survey?

Seismic letters went out separately. We have decided to produce a separate letter for each exam similar to the NCEES procedure.

From PELS

I found my name in the california database early this morning. But looks like I won't receive the result letter until Monday.. Anyways, glad that I passed the seismic exam on my third attempt !!! Good luck guys !!!!!!!!!!!

Seismic letters went out separately. We have decided to produce a separate letter for each exam similar to the NCEES procedure. From PELS
Where did you get this information from. I thought all the letters went out on 6/10/11. So do we get a letter regardless if we pass or fail? Did anyone get a pass or fail Seismic letter?

Seismic letters went out separately. We have decided to produce a separate letter for each exam similar to the NCEES procedure. From PELS
Where did you get this information from. I thought all the letters went out on 6/10/11. So do we get a letter regardless if we pass or fail? Did anyone get a pass or fail Seismic letter?
I sent a msg to Ric from the board and he replied

Yes thats what he said different letters for seismic.

I hope its not a fail letter

Good question if any got a letter for seismic today?

wow, they are working on saturday... Did Ric mention if those letters where sent out at the sametime?? If they were, we should have got them at the same time. Did anyone receive a pass letter on surveying??

wow, they are working on saturday... Did Ric mention if those letters where sent out at the

sametime?? If they were, we should have got them at the same time. Did anyone receive a pass letter on surveying??

No did not say if they went same time. I hope fail letters went 1st

Got the letter saying I failed survying but I took seismic alsoBut did not say I passed it .. I had passed 8 hr last Oct

Just said

Engineering survey fail

Take home pass

And only diagnostics for survey

For those who failed survey:

1. Don't give up.

2. use Mansour as base and Reza's workshop practice book for practice exams.......if any time is left then it is advisable to use cuomo's book with 120 problems also..

however cuomo's practice exam are waste of time..

seismic: only heiner is more than enough..

good luck..for fall and thanks to this forum and members for their valuable advice........

Latest posts

Back