CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the letter saying I failed survying but I took seismic alsoBut did not say I passed it .. I had passed 8 hr last Oct

Just said

Engineering survey fail

Take home pass

And only diagnostics for survey

For those who failed survey:

1. Don't give up.

2. use Mansour as base and Reza's workshop practice book for practice exams.......if any time is left then it is advisable to use cuomo's book with 120 problems also..

however cuomo's practice exam are waste of time..

seismic: only heiner is more than enough..

good luck..for fall and thanks to this forum and members for their valuable advice........
I want to add it to your advice.

It may be different for everyone to strategize and have a different approach. For me, always being a top student, it was very rough to fail Surveying. However after failing, I raised my bar very high. I challenged myself to do all the practice tests in one hour that are available in the market and that worked. Plus there is no book that I did not do. Reza's book was memorized to me. In addition, Chellapati, Jack Lui, Shahin and many many more. Plus I am a mom of two kids and my husband is a workaholic who is never home. So, I was a full time mother with all the responsibilities and was studying at least 4 hour ever single work day and 10 hours on the weekend days.

So you really have to motivate yourself, don't give up, work much more hard, and you will pass. Good Luck to all the test takers in October 2011

Got the letter saying I failed survying but I took seismic alsoBut did not say I passed it .. I had passed 8 hr last Oct

Just said

Engineering survey fail

Take home pass

1. Don't give up.

2. use Mansour as base and Reza's workshop practice book for practice exams.......if any time is left then it is advisable to use cuomo's book with 120 problems also..

good luck..for fall and thanks to this forum and members for their valuable advice........

It may be different for everyone to strategize and have a different approach. For me, always being a top student, it was very rough to fail Surveying. However after failing, I raised my bar very high. I challenged myself to do all the practice tests in one hour that are available in the market and that worked. Plus there is no book that I did not do. Reza's book was memorized to me. In addition, Chellapati, Jack Lui, Shahin and many many more. Plus I am a mom of two kids and my husband is a workaholic who is never home. So, I was a full time mother with all the responsibilities and was studying at least 4 hour ever single work day and 10 hours on the weekend days.

So you really have to motivate yourself, don't give up, work much more hard, and you will pass. Good Luck to all the test takers in October 2011
Thanks for the advice. I used the cuomo book the first time and I brought the reza book this time around but didn't concentrate too much on surveying because my result report from the last exam was favorable. So I just brushed up on sample problems from the practice exam hoping that would push me over but instead my results are worst. I can't figure it out because on the problems I was able to do I know am confident that my answers were right. I need to get smart on the reza book and get mansuor book. Any other advice??

I concentrated on siesmic this time around and have not recieved my results. I am wondering if the theory of pass results being recieved later is really true. Trying to find some relief, if I only need to focus on surveying I think my chances of passing the surveying test would be better. For the passing people out there. Did anyone get any results in the mail??

Last edited by a moderator:
Licensee Name: HUSHMAND ASHKAANLicense Type: CIVIL ENGINEER

License Number: 78504

License Status: CLEAR Definition

Expiration Date: September 30, 2011

Address: 19 BERNAY

City: LAGUNA NIGUEL

State: CA

Zip: 92677

County: ORANGE

Actions: No

Passed on First Try. :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:
hmm. I know where you live buddy.

Just said

Engineering survey fail

Take home pass

1. Don't give up.

Thanks for the advice. I used the cuomo book the first time and I brought the reza book this time around but didn't concentrate too much on surveying because my result report from the last exam was favorable. So I just brushed up on sample problems from the practice exam hoping that would push me over but instead my results are worst. I can't figure it out because on the problems I was able to do I know am confident that my answers were right. I need to get smart on the reza book and get mansuor book. Any other advice??

I concentrated on siesmic this time around and have not recieved my results. I am wondering if the theory of pass results being recieved later is really true. Trying to find some relief, if I only need to focus on surveying I think my chances of passing the surveying test would be better. For the passing people out there. Did anyone get any results in the mail??

What Miss lucky mentioned is true too...my suggestion would be stick to Mansour and Reza..their book have problems which are pretty close to actual exams...and practise problems form the 42% section per ca pels syllabus...then focus on 30 % ,15% and the 10% ones.....

in exams the problems that consume much of you time are from topography..angle measurements, photogrammetry and LAND distribution and measurement. Focus on these .make sure you are very comfortable with these problems ..let me think more what i did during April exams ..will come back with more...right now since i am done with california will take some time to come back to normalcy from the excited state.....

(I still don't really believe it's over...)
congrats. it is not over for me. Seems like I still have seismic unless the database is not fully updated yet.
Have you recieved your seismic results in the mail?
Seems no one got seismic results yet
I figured they are out and know one is posting... My co worker got results yesterday.
So he got his seismic results? Fail letter?

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the help on all of the questions. I finally passed after three times.

SO if you search your name it database at this point and its not there does that mean you have failed? I just need seismic to pass and have no received anything in the mail yet...

SO if you search your name it database at this point and its not there does that mean you have failed? I just need seismic to pass and have no received anything in the mail yet...
The letters come out of sac. Do you live in southern ca or near the bay area?

Congrats to all who passed. the License lookup database is already updated. If you are still waiting for seismic and survey results, you can check your name on there to see if you passed.
Thanks for the tip. I was so pissed when nothing showed up in the mail Saturday, but super stoked when I tried the lookup last night and my name was on there! #78646! First time grand slam!

The letters come out of sac. Do you live in southern ca or near the bay area?
I live in so-cal... So most likely I have failed if not in database.

Hey, there are only 842 new PEs on the database. If 8000 people took the test, isn't that only 10% (ish) passing? That's way below the 38% I was expecting.

Also, the state site doesn't say the database has been updated. Any chance they're still updating it?

Hey, there are only 842 new PEs on the database. If 8000 people took the test, isn't that only 10% (ish) passing? That's way below the 38% I was expecting.
I think the database has been updated completely ,although i hope you name will show up today..

.best of luck.

Also, the state site doesn't say the database has been updated. Any chance they're still updating it?

Back