CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I failed the 8hr :( so I can't look up my license in the database but what's concerning me is that I live 45 mins away from Sac and I still haven't received my Siesmic or Survyeing results yet. I want to beleive that It's because the pass letters are coming later but I can't help but wonder if they may have been lost. I guess I will take a deep breath, step away from the computer screen, get back to work, and wait for the mail. I hope I pass these two tests!! Failing the 8 hr put a huge rain cloud over my head but what can I expect I spent most of my time and effort on Seismic.

I will persevere and pass the second time around. Congrats to all the that passed. :thumbs:

Hey, there are only 842 new PEs on the database. If 8000 people took the test, isn't that only 10% (ish) passing? That's way below the 38% I was expecting.
Also, the state site doesn't say the database has been updated. Any chance they're still updating it?
I hope they are still updating it. Last ocotber it took them few days to get it fully updated. By the way, how did you come up with 8000 people?

Has anyone received passing letters but is not yet in the database? It normally took a week prior exams before databse was updated

Hey, there are only 842 new PEs on the database. If 8000 people took the test, isn't that only 10% (ish) passing? That's way below the 38% I was expecting.
Also, the state site doesn't say the database has been updated. Any chance they're still updating it?
I hope they are still updating it. Last ocotber it took them few days to get it fully updated. By the way, how did you come up with 8000 people?
well...78838 was the number they had on friday night and its still the same...i hope what you are saying is true....i passed my california pe..AND understand the pain of wait and not passing it.....

Hmm, how did I come up with 8000? I don't remember, but I saw it somewhere. That might just answer the question. Maybe more like 2000 people took the test. Seems like a lot of testing locations for just 2000 people though. And then the statistic (38% ish) may be the pass rate for national/seismic/ OR survey. That would mean a pass rate between 13% (everyone who passes an exam only passes one exam) and 38% (everyone who passes an exam passes all exams).

Maybe I should just stop typing now. I'll do that.

Hmm, how did I come up with 8000? I don't remember, but I saw it somewhere. That might just answer the question. Maybe more like 2000 people took the test. Seems like a lot of testing locations for just 2000 people though. And then the statistic (38% ish) may be the pass rate for national/seismic/ OR survey. That would mean a pass rate between 13% (everyone who passes an exam only passes one exam) and 38% (everyone who passes an exam passes all exams).
Maybe I should just stop typing now. I'll do that.
well, I looked at the October statistics and according to my calcs about 2500 maybe 3000 people took the last test, which means that it is highly probable that whoever is not in the database failed.

Got the letter saying I failed survying but I took seismic alsoBut did not say I passed it .. I had passed 8 hr last Oct

Just said

Engineering survey fail

Take home pass

And only diagnostics for survey

For those who failed survey:

1. Don't give up.

2. use Mansour as base and Reza's workshop practice book for practice exams.......if any time is left then it is advisable to use cuomo's book with 120 problems also..

however cuomo's practice exam are waste of time..

seismic: only heiner is more than enough..

good luck..for fall and thanks to this forum and members for their valuable advice........
I want to add it to your advice.

It may be different for everyone to strategize and have a different approach. For me, always being a top student, it was very rough to fail Surveying. However after failing, I raised my bar very high. I challenged myself to do all the practice tests in one hour that are available in the market and that worked. Plus there is no book that I did not do. Reza's book was memorized to me. In addition, Chellapati, Jack Lui, Shahin and many many more. Plus I am a mom of two kids and my husband is a workaholic who is never home. So, I was a full time mother with all the responsibilities and was studying at least 4 hour ever single work day and 10 hours on the weekend days.

So you really have to motivate yourself, don't give up, work much more hard, and you will pass. Good Luck to all the test takers in October 2011
you are right.......!!!

I was a top student throughout my academic career and never new what it meant to fail until i failed my survey..and yes i failed it twice....but kinda feel that there is more joy in succeeding after you fail.......

I received the same letter .. Failed surveying but no mention of seismic . I called the board they told me that they are sending seperate letters

for surveying and seismic

Can anyone confirm that the "fail letters first, pass letters afterwords" scenario is just a myth/old wives tale?

Passed the 8 hour, I got the Survey back on Saturday (Fail) but I am still waiting for Seismic...

Can anyone confirm that the "fail letters first, pass letters afterwords" scenario is just a myth/old wives tale?
Passed the 8 hour, I got the Survey back on Saturday (Fail) but I am still waiting for Seismic...
This is typically the case. The fails go out first and usually dated earlier.

I passed and still no letter... found out from the pels website

has anyone received a pass letter yet?

I asked the same question earlier. Oh wait update, my wife just called me and said the results came in the mail. I passed both Seismic and Surveying the first time around. Woo Hoo!!! :mf_bounce8:

To bad I failed the 8 hr :smileyballs:

For those that are wondering I live 45 mins away from Sac so it migth take an extra day for So Cal folks.

Back