Got my license number (ME TFS, CA)...some info regarding how long it takes to get license number

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEPEPHD

Reaction score
Apr 2019 PE exam taker.

I found that my license number has been issued on May 24th, 2019. I found this from CA license search webpage (https://search.dca.ca.gov/) because, interestingly, they seems not to notify you via email or phone when a license number is issued.

This means it takes approximately 2-4 weeks to issue a PE license number once you fulfill all requirements (work, education, exam verification, bio scan, etc) asked by CA board. Wall certificate and plastic ID card would take longer (4-6 wk and ~12 wk), according to CA Board. Here is email response from CA board regarding my inquiry that how long it would take:

License numbers are issued bi-weekly for all eligible applicants who have passed all required exams and fulfilled the Livescan/Fingerprint requirement.

Once the Systems Analyst completes the verification process, and it is determined you qualify for licensure, your license number will be issued.

Your PE license number should appear in ‘License Lookup’ on the CA Board’s websitehttp://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml

Your wall certificate will be mailed to you in approximately 4 to 6 weeks.

You will also receive a plastic pocket ID card in the mail in approximately 12 weeks.

I wish all of you can get numbers soon. I got mine probably faster than most of Apr 2019 exam takers because I had already submitted my application to CA board in last October to get a FE exam waiver. So for me, passing PE exam was the only remaining fulfillment.

Once they verify that you satisfy all requirements, it will take for 2-4 weeks to issue your number (at least for CA PE applicants). 

Sung_PE_License_Search_LI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back