California Dreamin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
umm no, new york will validate california's seismic results lol, and they are taking their sweet a$$ time

Not to burst anyone's bubble but this happened last administration also and the board did not upload any new license once it was back up. That said I hope this is different as I'm hoping to see if I passed the survey portion.

I think monkeywinky is right. We must have crashed it! That's not going to stop me from checking every couple of hours though. :bananapowerslide:

I think they are updating the database, but probably to reflect those who passed the PE in Electrical, Mechanical, etc where state specific tests were not required.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but this happened last administration also and the board did not upload any new license once it was back up. That said I hope this is different as I'm hoping to see if I passed the survey portion.
schrun, you did burst my bubble! lol But that's ok, I'll still keep the look-up page open all day. It still might mean something... maybe they are preparing for a Friday (12-23) release? I know it won't matter in the end but, because it matters now - lol, how many days after the search function was reinstated were the new PEs shown in the data base last time? Thanks.

If I remember right, last time the database said something like "Updating-please check back later" for a while. Then when that went away, there were no new PE's in the database. Then the next day, they updated it without it going down at all. This looks different. Maybe their website really just crashed.

Also, last time they said "by the 10th", and the new PE's showed up in the database on the afternoon of the 10th (or whatever day it was). I don't know if that means they will update the database on the 30th, but they might. It kinda changes things that the 30th lands during the holidays, so who knows what days these government employees will be working to actually update the database.

If I remember right, last time the database said something like "Updating-please check back later" for a while. Then when that went away, there were no new PE's in the database. Then the next day, they updated it without it going down at all. This looks different. Maybe their website really just crashed.

Also, last time they said "by the 10th", and the new PE's showed up in the database on the afternoon of the 10th (or whatever day it was). I don't know if that means they will update the database on the 30th, but they might. It kinda changes things that the 30th lands during the holidays, so who knows what days these government employees will be working to actually update the database.

Thanks slc. That's funny, because now this is what the screen reads:

License lookup is temporarily unavailable during maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Lovely, and now back to this:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.2.2.0 Oracle-HTTP-Server Server at www2 Port 80

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Good news the database is back up bad news nothing has been added to Civil. Still waiting.

Back