March 2024 Seismic/Surveying Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to you! Any recommendations? I didn't pass despite studying very hard and getting above an 75% passing rate on simulation exams!
Highly recommend Hiner's course if you haven't taken it. Also, study at least 2 hours per day. I spent a total of 110 hours outside of Hiner's class. Practice, practice, practice.

I am having the same issue with not getting the diagnostics report for the failed seismic exam. I am emailing the Board to see if they respond. Please post if you figure anything out.
Board responded to me and mentioning within 24-48hr you are able to see the diagnostics. I believe there is much more than past and yet nothing shown in my portal!

Also, I do not see an option to re-take the exam in Q2-2024. It will be Q3. Disappointing!

Last edited:
I am having the same issue with not getting the diagnostics report for the failed seismic exam. I am emailing the Board to see if they respond. Please post if you figure anything out.
I am having the same issue and still do not have diagnostics - has anyone's been added since? I am really surprised by a failed notice, I was very prepared and felt really good about this exam when I completed it.

Essentially, it's been useless for me. I had a feeling I would pass, but unfortunately, I didn't. I'm feeling very bad; it's harmful. I studied very, very hard. No one knows what is going on with the board; they said the passing cutoff is 65%, but I doubt it.

Hey

I totally feel your pain! Dealing with this seismic exam reporting mess is beyond frustrating. And guess what? It's not the first time this has happened to me either.

I reached out to the board, and all they did was copy and paste this generic message: "Civil—Seismic Principles examinees: Please be aware that some examination results do not show diagnostic reports for failed attempts. We are working on resolving this issue and expect to have the diagnostic reports available within the next 24-48 hours."

Seriously? The lack of clarity and transparency is downright disrespectful and maddening.

Let's keep each other posted if anything changes on their end. We deserve better than this!

Hey

I totally feel your pain! Dealing with this seismic exam reporting mess is beyond frustrating. And guess what? It's not the first time this has happened to me either.

I reached out to the board, and all they did was copy and paste this generic message: "Civil—Seismic Principles examinees: Please be aware that some examination results do not show diagnostic reports for failed attempts. We are working on resolving this issue and expect to have the diagnostic reports available within the next 24-48 hours."

Seriously? The lack of clarity and transparency is downright disrespectful and maddening.

Let's keep each other posted if anything changes on their end. We deserve better than this!
Agree, this delay is not only aggravating but also disheartening as it directly impacts our professional standings and future planning. The absence of any communication or explanation for this delay is perceived not just as a lack of professionalism but also as a sign of disrespect towards the engineering community who rely heavily on the board’s efficiency and transparency.

We deserve and rightfully expect better service and communication standards from our board. This ongoing situation has left many of us in questioning the internal processes and responsiveness of our governing body. Such delays and lack of communication are unacceptable and undermine our trust in the system that is supposed to support our careers and professional development.

I think CESPR is the way to go .. I also solved the practice exam from Reza’s book .. Make sure you do all the questions in CESPR .. The exam wasn’t difficult but its all about speed .. I had to guess 5 questions. Another 5 which I wasn’t sure about .. The rest of the questions were straight forward
Hi,

Is there a paper copy version for CESPR available or is it only online course and practice problems ?

Does CESPR also covers the theory questions - for example the type of survey applicable in particular situations?

Thanks,

I am having the same issue and still do not have diagnostics - has anyone's been added since? I am really surprised by a failed notice, I was very prepared and felt really good about this exam when I completed it.
I took surveying and seismic. I have been through a lot since 2020 and this is my fourth or fifth (?) time taking the exams. However, this time, I actually studied for seismic. A lot. I guessed in only a few questions for seismic, and guessed on over 12 for surveying. Somehow I passed surveying but not seismic.

I am really wondering if there was a mistake because the diagnostic s are not released yet. I wonder if the mistake is causing further delays because I don't see why it wouldnt be a foreseen/easier fix #1 and #2 why they wouldn't be able to email us the diagnostic reports if there is nothing deeper happening. I think something is wrong with the way the test was graded, and they are waiting for the meeting to discuss. The meeting is on May 9.

Back