CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im from Phoenix, did any one got it in AZIam still waiting for mine. and Database is not updated yet.
Nothing in Tempe yet! I usully get my mail until 3 PM though!
Guys i'm in Phoenix, AZ....Got my results at 12:00 pm...passed the civil 8-hr...
Congratulations Ajay, I will have to wait for my wife to go check the mail after work and read me the results since I'm in Louisiana.
You took the CA exam, you live in AZ but you are in LA right now?
Yes, unfortunatelly there's not a lot of work in Arizona so I've been working in Louisiana since September.

I'm sure this was discussed before, but I couldn't find it:

If you fail one of three tests, you only need to re-take one, right?

Also, if you pass the Civil PE, and fail the rest, can you get reciprocity with another state?

Also, if you pass the Civil PE, and fail the rest, can you get reciprocity with another state?
Unfortunately, you need to be licensed in one state before you can be licensed in another, regardless of the test requirements. However, you will also need the required professional experience for the State you wish to seek license (e.g. most States require 4 years). In CA, you have to pass 3 tests, but only need 2 years engineering experience to be a PE. Once you have a CA PE and want to get your PE elsewhere, you have to have additional years of engineering work experience to qualify, if that other state requires it.

Unfortunately, you need to be licensed in one state before you can be licensed in another, regardless of the test requirements. However, you will also need the required professional experience for the State you wish to seek license (e.g. most States require 4 years). In CA, you have to pass 3 tests, but only need 2 years engineering experience to be a PE. Once you have a CA PE and want to get your PE elsewhere, you have to have additional years of engineering work experience to qualify, if that other state requires it.
There is a twist to this though. If you pass the 8-hr in California and fail the second day, you may apply for comity in other states given that you meet their requirements. So you don't necessarily need a license before you apply for comity. A friend of mine had similar situation, where he passed the 8-hr and Seismic, but failed Surveying 3 times. He ended up applying for comity in MD and got it after some discussions with the board. So there is hope. Hope that helps.

I passed! They sent the results to my house when I was expecting them at my work. I was fliping through the mail when I saw that thin envelope and I knew.

I didn't pass this time. Got back to study again.
Sorry to hear that. Did you take the Materials and Mechanical Systems in the afternoon? I took it three time and still found it hard although I think I did better in the afternoon. Get right back into it and let me know if I can help. Also if you have not I would join this group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/mepestudygroup/

Guys... I think the database is updated. My name is in the database but I am still waiting for the letter.

Does it mean that I passed if my name is in the database?

Nehal10,

Are your kidding? The last number 75476 is still the last number at the time of this message today 1/26/2010. Where did you get that info?

Nehal10,
Are your kidding? The last number 75476 is still the last number at the time of this message today 1/26/2010. Where did you get that info?

No joke. My name and address are there. License status is CLEAR and license type is Mechanical. I also see the license number.

I followed the instructions on this link

http://www.pels.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Nehal10,

No joke. My name and address are there. License status is CLEAR and license type is Mechanical. I also see the license number.

I followed the instructions on this link

http://www.pels.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml
Only fishy part is - Expiration Date: June 30, 2010

I am wondering whats going on.

Oh i see. You are Mechanical Engineer. I am a Civil Engineer and I am looking at the last number of CE. They may have updated discipline by discipline.

As far as I know, the Board the application fee covers the first quarter of the license and after that you need to renew for a full 2 years.

Thanks.

Oh i see. You are Mechanical Engineer. I am a Civil Engineer and I am looking at the last number of CE. They may have updated discipline by discipline.
As far as I know, the Board the application fee covers the first quarter of the license and after that you need to renew for a full 2 years.

Thanks.
I PASSED.

Thanks for clarification Totz... I called the board and thats what they said. All who passed the exam will have valid license till June 30, 2010 and then license needs to be renewed.

This is great feeling. I am still waiting for the letter though.

Back