CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just updated the website today and recommitted to releasing the results tomorrow. I think they may actually mail it out tomorrow!
Recommitted?! You mean like they "committed" the first time?? I don't believe state-run agencies are capable of committing anything. Or committees, for that matter.

Historical Passing Rateshttp://www.ppi2pass.com/ppi/PPIInfo_pg_myp...epassrates.html

Statistics of Past Examinations in CA

http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/exam_statistics.shtml

You will see that the CA PE pass rate is less than the national pass rate.

I think the Mechanical might only have 48% , electrical 30%, and chemical might be increase from 56% to 63% for the first time taker.
Interesting. About 40% for CA - but then again, that does not apply to first time takers.

I wonder how many first time CA takers pass.

Historical Passing Rateshttp://www.ppi2pass.com/ppi/PPIInfo_pg_myp...epassrates.html

Statistics of Past Examinations in CA

http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/exam_statistics.shtml

You will see that the CA PE pass rate is less than the national pass rate.

I think the Mechanical might only have 48% , electrical 30%, and chemical might be increase from 56% to 63% for the first time taker.
You cannot make out that CA PE pass rates are lower than National based on that info alone. It depends on the percentage of first time and repeat takers. I cannot imagine why pass rates will differ from National by more than +/- 3-4%. Anyways tomorrow it is. CA guys will probably end up getting something by Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who take EIT or PE Traffic who live in CA: When did you guys receive the result letter?

thanks

What is the possibility that all the letters are already sealed and stamped, ready to be dispatched come Thursday morning? I would guess this should be the case, given that the board had an extra week. I would expect all mails to be sent out by 10-11 AM.

What is the possibility that all the letters are already sealed and stamped, ready to be dispatched come Thursday morning? I would guess this should be the case, given that the board had an extra week. I would expect all mails to be sent out by 10-11 AM.
They will screw it up somehow.

They just updated the website today and recommitted to releasing the results tomorrow. I think they may actually mail it out tomorrow!
Recommitted?! You mean like they "committed" the first time?? I don't believe state-run agencies are capable of committing anything. Or committees, for that matter.

:D The PELS Board stated on January 14th that the results for the PE will be delayed to January 21. On January 20th they updated the website announcement to reaffirm that they will release the results tomorrow. Therefore, for them to announce a delay on Jan 21 would be unlikely and just cruel.

I have to believe the letters are ready to be sent out in the morning. I just hope the storms in California don't affect the postal service on delivery.

chaocl said:
If I pass this time that I will post a thread about how am I study of it.
Please do the same if you FAIL. Because then it would be more helpful not to study the way had. LOL... Just kidding... :)

Good Luck.

I'm interested to know how people will celebrate if they receive a Pass. If I pass, I'm taking a week off of work to do absolutely NOTHING!

If I pass, the celebration is that, I will never take a test again in my life.

That's it for this life :)

Good luck everyone. Hopefully some will start getting their letters tomorrow. I'm all the way down in SD, so I'm guessing it won't show up until Saturday. But maybe if we're lucky, the database gets updated tonight.

I'm getting an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. Similar to the one the one James Bond wore in Quantum of Solace

I'm interested to know how people will celebrate if they receive a Pass. If I pass, I'm taking a week off of work to do absolutely NOTHING!
For me:

PASS = celebratory beers :beerchug:

FAIL = consolation shots (well, probably more like drinking Wild Turkey right out of the bottle) :40oz:

If I pass... I'll visit the local watering hole, get leg-less and crawl home on all fours.

Come to think of it... I'll do the same if I fail.

Pass - I will donate some cash to Haiti rescue efforts.

Fail - I will accept donation from all who PASSED for my next trial.

I already celebrated with the family last night. Had a great dinner and an empty wallet.

Back