CA result date for 2010?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting is the hardest part about taking the PE in Ca. I hope the second time is the charm for me.

I looked up my would-be PE license number on the CA board's license look-up page. The funny thing is that the status of this license is delinquent! I hope this doesn't mean I didn't pass. Any thoughts on this?

I looked up my would-be PE license number on the CA board's license look-up page. The funny thing is that the status of this license is delinquent! I hope this doesn't mean I didn't pass. Any thoughts on this?
What do you mean by "would be license number"? I am certain that the Applicant Number is not your future license number.

Interesting, mine belong to some out of state guy...

I thought the number we use for the test is our number.

Delinquent: The expiration date has passed, and the license has not been renewed. Delinquent licenses may be renewed within three years. Delinquent licensees do not have the right to practice.

What do you mean would-be PE license? Do you mean that if the numer end by 77767 at the end of last month and you want the number 77777, by this today you enter the number 77777 and give you Delinquent?

My application number has 6 digits....it will always show up no license number match in next couple years..

Delinquent: The expiration date has passed, and the license has not been renewed. Delinquent licenses may be renewed within three years. Delinquent licensees do not have the right to practice.

What do you mean would-be PE license? Do you mean that if the numer end by 77767 at the end of last month and you want the number 77777, by this today you enter the number 77777 and give you Delinquent?

My application number has 6 digits....it will always show up no license number match in next couple years..
Mine is 68036, which is 5 digits. Take a look. My best guess here is that this license has been delinquent for so long that they will issue it to a new applicant.

On a related topic, does CA issue a license number immediately on passing the PE. In other words, can the successful candidates call themselves 'PE' immediately after receiving the results? Or do we have to wait another 3-4 weeks for a license number to be assigned?

On a related topic, does CA issue a license number immediately on passing the PE. In other words, can the successful candidates call themselves 'PE' immediately after receiving the results? Or do we have to wait another 3-4 weeks for a license number to be assigned?
I think your license number is the same as your applicant number. I could be wrong, but I remember that this was the case when I took my EIT. If this is the case, you already know what your license number is going to be. From what I've been hearing, it takes a while for your license number to be entered in the Board's database, but I don't see why that would prevent you from calling yourself a PE.

Hi All,

CA License board updates the database related to the license numbers as soon as the results are out. But in some cases it takes few days. When you pass PE you will get a letter which has your license number and the letter will serve as a temporary evidence of your registration.

NO the license number is NOT same as your exam ID. Thanks.

Mine is 68036, which is 5 digits. Take a look. My best guess here is that this license has been delinquent for so long that they will issue it to a new applicant.
When do you apply for the PE exam? I apply on July 2009 and got approve to take the PE on Sep 2009. I have 6 digits in my applicant number as 102xxx. How do they generate the applcant number? Maybe I am stupid and unlikely to pass the PE so they give me that number...

My applicant number was 6 digits as well. Thats why I dont think it would become my license number.

The number you have when you took the exam was your examinee ID and your license number will be shown the moment they update the license look-up database or the certificate whichever comes first. From my experience and I believe in most cases, license look-up database will be updated first.

Good luck...

This is the response i received from PELS California by email today:

"The results should be sent out the middle of July. If you need to refile then you would need to register for a National id number with NCEES. Good luck."

"The results should be sent out the middle of July. If you need to refile then you would need to register for a National id number with NCEES. Good luck."
The wait is near the end phase. Thank you very much for sharing this important information. Let's aim for the July 16, 17 or 19.

Last edited by a moderator:

The wait is near the end phase. Thank you very much for sharing this important information. Let's aim for the July 16, 17 or 19.
16th is 13 weeks. So we will probably see norcal get it that friday with socal that saturday the 17th.

July 16 is a Friday. So board is closed that day. The next workday would be Monday (July 19). So all folks can expect results by July 22.

July 16 is a Friday. So board is closed that day. The next workday would be Monday (July 19). So all folks can expect results by July 22.

The Board will mail them on Thursday so folks in Sacramento will get them on Friday the 16th

and the board is not closed on Fridays any more as of now the furloughs ended

good luck everyone

The Board will mail them on Thursday so folks in Sacramento will get them on Friday the 16th

good luck everyone
+1

good luck everyone
If that is the case, then the east coast will get it on Monday. Only (2) more weeks to go. Almost there!!!

Back