Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some extra chicken and steak kabobs, with rice  last night so bringing the leftovers to work today..... & probably tomorrow!

It's going to be leftover veggie pizza (homemade sourdough pizza dough a la leggo's husband for the win!) + an apple.

Chicken teriyaki over wild rice, regular Coca Cola (was craving one today, don't know why).

...whut is "donated" spaghetti?
Someone in my department keeps making huge things of food and bringing it in to feed her and her boyfriend, but she also makes it to share.  She asked if I wanted any and I said yes.  Spaghetti trumps salad any day of the week.

Is the lunch thread back... yet????
Clearly not...

I had leftover carrot soup with lemon tahini and crisped chickpeas, with a warmed pita and an apple (would you expect anything less from me??). It was great! Here's the recipe I used exactly, except I didn't have any coriander so I subbed in 1/2 tsp "I'm an idiot who can't write TIME!": https://smittenkitchen.com/2013/01/carrot-soup-with-tahini-and-crisped-chickpeas/

The most annoying thing was slicing all the carrots. 2 lbs of carrots is a lot of carrots.

I had chickpeas for a snack earlier, so wasn't too hungry. JK Lunch = half my kale salad +  some baby carrots + slice of sweet potato pie w/ whipped cream.
Were your chickpeas roasted and seasoned? I made some the other night to top my carrot soup, and then ate the rest of them as a snack just by themselves. They were super tasty and so easy to make, I was thinking about making them more regularly to have as a snack.

Back