Basement Finishing thread...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice, gray water into a creek!
hey i didn't design the neighboorhood. I was only 2 when the house was built. The homes on the other side of the street have their septic system gray water discharging to the ditches near the street. which then flows towards the creek, but not before having to travel between ours and the neighbors house.

that's what I was thinking. I'm not versed in the regulations but there's no way that I could see that being legal here in the commonwealth. Jeez, we can't even dump snow into the harbor.

that's what I was thinking. I'm not versed in the regulations but there's no way that I could see that being legal here in the commonwealth. Jeez, we can't even dump snow into the harbor.
unincorporated area outside small town in the middle of corn...enough said. I'd love to be hooked up to city water and sewer, but it isn't likely to happen.

intermitant creek might be a better description. there isn't constant water in it.
It only has "water" in it when septic tanks are overflowing?
no. It is part of the main drainage feature for the neighborhood. so it usually only flows during periods of rain or snow melt. half the neighboorhoods storm water passes between my and the neighbors house to the creek which then winds around the farms to the lake.

Oh no! There might be salt and sand in that snow. How can you have sand on a beach and salt in the ocean?!? The horror!

-VTE, envl guy versed in the regulations

since I know most of you wake up every day wondering if I will ever finish this thing.. I think one more weekend and I can have the bar complete!

I have already sat at it and enjoyed a round, but it was hard to balance the beer on the 2X4..

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

those damn bull nose pieces really add up, totally killed my bar budget when I didnt account for them.. still about half the price of real granite.. so that should at least pay for a tv or something ;)

Im starting to feel the post mortum depression (sp?) Once I put the doors on the cabinets, and put carpet in one room I pretty much wont have anything to do until 1:00 in the morning much longer, trying to figure out what to do with my free time?

Of course I dont have funding identified for the furniture so maybe I can sell my soul to the devil for a few months and offer some expert witness testimony to some scum sucking lawyers on a few cases to make some fatty cash..

i've totally ignored my yard the last two years while working on this, but that just doesnt bring me the same satisfaction.... but can involve equal amount of trips to the home depot

Im starting to feel the post mortum depression (sp?) Once I put the doors on the cabinets, and put carpet in one room I pretty much wont have anything to do until 1:00 in the morning much longer, trying to figure out what to do with my free time?
I suggest you invest in one barstool, pull up a chair and start having some CABs and enjoying the fruits of your labors.

The grass will still grow without you.

Of course I dont have funding identified for the furniture so maybe I can sell my soul to the devil for a few months and offer some expert witness testimony to some scum sucking lawyers on a few cases to make some fatty cash..

i've totally ignored my yard the last two years while working on this, but that just doesnt bring me the same satisfaction.... but can involve equal amount of trips to the home depot
I have the same problem now that my basement is done. I can't much get into "decorating mode." I need a new project. I will probably tackle the landscaping at my house come Spring.

fu**&&&

Note to self:

Before you install a mirror between the two wall cabinets, and install the glass shelves, make sure that the doors on the front of the cabinets dont hit the can lights moulding!!!!!

Crap that was a full day of re-work just for an inch,, and not checking twice....

carpet is coming today!

the TV furniture comes next Tuesday...

Then I am broke for a month or so, but that will get me enough furniture to begin using it fairly often...

Cant believe I am at the end of the tunnell...

Still need to get 5 bar stools, but at this point everything is $500 and we already exceeded our planned furniture and TV budget.. may have to go get some wood ones from wal mart....

Back