BAD Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother is going to make me watch another Harry Potter movie this weekend, I just know it.

I never read the books or watched them until about a month or so ago when I was there. Good stories, likeable and hateable characters, not a kid movie to my surprise, good effects, etc. But just not my thing. I can sit through it and be entertained for 2 hours, but have no interest in becoming a hardcore fan.

I think it might just be a george cloonery thing. His three kings movie from like 10 years ago is equally as weird
How about "Burn After Reading"? Very strange. Funny quote from the CIA, "The Russians?........Really??"

My mother is going to make me watch another Harry Potter movie this weekend, I just know it.

I never read the books or watched them until about a month or so ago when I was there. Good stories, likeable and hateable characters, not a kid movie to my surprise, good effects, etc. But just not my thing. I can sit through it and be entertained for 2 hours, but have no interest in becoming a hardcore fan.
Good luck with that. IMO, the movies don't start getting good until The Prisoner of Azkaban. And even then, not a lot of good duels until The Goblet of Fire. Kick ass dragons in that one too.

Also, Under Siege 2 was AND featured a train wreck, with the one and only Steven Seagal.
And, an underage Katherine Heigl.

I picked this awful movie solely because of the awful title: Hobo with a Shotgun. It did not disappoint.

Why has Hollywood not made a movie about trainwrecks? You would think that people's inability to look away from one would help it become a blockbuster...
Unbreakable - it starts with a train wreck.Super 8 - I didn't see it, but the trailer shows a train wreck

...and what about Silver Streak with Gene Wilder? Classic badness.

Saw "In Time" this past weekend. Other than the fact that you get to see an underwater butt shot, followed by a lingerie shot of a cute girl, it was so corny and predictable, it was almost painful to watch. Killing off the girl from House early on also was earning them any brownie points.

Thankskilling was one of the worst movies ever - and this coming from someone whose first date with her future husband was a B-horror movie marathon. Even MST3K-style commentary wouldn't save it.

^^ Sounds like Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me.

Saw "In Time" this past weekend. Other than the fact that you get to see an underwater butt shot, followed by a lingerie shot of a cute girl, it was so corny and predictable, it was almost painful to watch. Killing off the girl from House early on also was earning them any brownie points.
+1.
I would put this one in the "Let's-suspend-reality-and-play-what-if" category.

Except it landed more solidly in "Let's-suspend-reality-and...-wait-...-what?"

If everybody is in such a hurry, why don't they have bicycles?

If it's so expensive to move, how did Mr. British Accent Bad Guy get here?

If dude can pull a gun out of nowhere in the nick of time and shoot everybody, why not just pull it out early and shoot then? Hello; Raiders of the Lost Ark, dummy!

Yup, these are the ingredients of a bad movie.

Back