April Exam Update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, if I stirred up something. I just needed to let you know what had been posted on the NCEES website. It very well could be that NCEES will release PE scores after Memorial Day, and PS scores will be after their workshop date, or they can be released 8-10 weeks after the exam (as they stated). The problem is, some state boards will need to meet and accept the results at their next meeting. I am from New York, but do not know if this is the case in our state. Their next meeting is Friday June 8th. Does anyone from NY know about this? It appears NY usually sends a letter, but I saw one year (2010?) they sent results via email.

Hang in there everyone, don't stress. There is nothing we can do to speed up the process or affect the outcome at this point. It will be, what it will be.

I passed the FE first time around after 4.5 years out of school, and hope to pass this one as well on the first attempt (4 years after my FE exam). I will let you know when I get my PE results.

I don't believe NY waits for a board meeting, but they also take an extra week or two after NCEES releases the results to them.

The point that keeps being missed is the cut score meeting for the SE has ZERO to do with the PE results and their alleged delay.
What delay? It says they expected to be out in the normal 8-10 weeks but no earlier than Memorial Day. What are we in now, week 6?

The point that keeps being missed is the cut score meeting for the SE has ZERO to do with the PE results and their alleged delay.
What delay? It says they expected to be out in the normal 8-10 weeks but no earlier than Memorial Day. What are we in now, week 6?
Read the thread. There are several mixed signals and misunderstandings at play in this thread. Someone thought that the SE grading workshop on June 7-9 was somehow related to the PE results, and proclaimed that the results won’t be out until after that for the PE. I hope we can all agree that that logic is flawed and misguided. Then someone chimed in and said some "relative" at NCEES said that there was an unrelated other delay that could take things well into June.

Please review history and you will see that the PE has not taken 8-10 weeks in the past few years. Now it seems to be consistently more like 6-7 weeks. I wouldn't hold much stock in the whole 8-10 weeks garbage because they said that about the FS, PS, and FE, only to release them in only 4-5 weeks. Another trend that has been developing is that the PE results have been released approximately 1 week after the FE. If it is taking longer than that, I consider that delayed. If that wasn't the case, I don’t think the NCEES would feel the need to release a statement saying the results would come after Memorial Day

Read the thread. There are several mixed signals and misunderstandings at play in this thread. Someone thought that the SE grading workshop on June 7-9 was somehow related to the PE results, and proclaimed that the results won’t be out until after that for the PE. I hope we can all agree that that logic is flawed and misguided. Then someone chimed in and said some "relative" at NCEES said that there was an unrelated other delay that could take things well into June.

Please review history and you will see that the PE has not taken 8-10 weeks in the past few years. Now it seems to be consistently more like 6-7 weeks. I wouldn't hold much stock in the whole 8-10 weeks garbage because they said that about the FS, PS, and FE, only to release them in only 4-5 weeks. Another trend that has been developing is that the PE results have been released approximately 1 week after the FE. If it is taking longer than that, I consider that delayed. If that wasn't the case, I don’t think the NCEES would feel the need to release a statement saying the results would come after Memorial Day
I have read the thread. I'm just saying I don't see where there is a delay. Looking at the PE results spreadsheet in the other thread, it looks like the earliest any PE results were released was 46 days after the exam and the latest first release was 57 days. Today is 40 days. Memorial Day is day 44. Next Wednesday is day 46. And 8-10 weeks would be days 56 - 70. OK, so those are the facts.

I would guess they were trying to save everyone's F5 key and probably their own servers by saying they wouldn't be released before Memorial Day. And the guy who said he has a relative at ncees? I think he's just yanking your chain. It wouldn't be the first time on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
:fencing:

At least 125 engineers online hitting refresh, refresh, refresh...

Productivity stinks every year the last two weeks before the results are posted.

Back to work!

I was reading the NCEES monthly mailer on their website (The Licensure Exchange). If you look at the calendar of events (screenshot attached), they still have an electrical engineering PE meeting to go on May 31 to June 2. I would imagine that the results will come out no earlier than June 2. I would guess that it would be the next week (June 4 to June 8).

PE Meeting.JPG

I was reading the NCEES monthly mailer on their website (The Licensure Exchange). If you look at the calendar of events (screenshot attached), they still have an electrical engineering PE meeting to go on May 31 to June 2. I would imagine that the results will come out no earlier than June 2. I would guess that it would be the next week (June 4 to June 8).
I don't think that has anything to do with grading. I think it's related to restructuring the exam or something along those lines since they call it a development meeting: http://www.ncees.org/About_NCEES/Events/Event_Pages/Electrical_Exam_Development_Meeting.php

I don't think that has anything to do with grading. I think it's related to restructuring the exam or something along those lines since they call it a development meeting: http://www.ncees.org...ent_Meeting.php
Exactly. If it was related to grading, wouldn't they tell us that in the release we got about results? They told us when the SE grading workshop was, why leave out the electrical meeting if it had anything to do with grading.

I swear, some people here just like to dig up anything they can an spin it so that it results in a delay.

Yes. I agree. Nevermind. Whatever you do, do not read this post (http://engineerboard...pic=17762&st=50) as is scares the crap out of me. I thought I aced the exam, but now I am concerned with failing!
Why?

It seems that the civil cut scores are generally accepted to be above 54 in almost all instances. Now, before anyone jumps down my throat, I know the cut score is not static and varies across disciplines and years, but I dont believe I have ever heard of a fail above 54. You also have to take into consideration that some people probably are not reading their diagnostic reports correctly, or misrepresenting their results.

NO MORE FEAR MONGERS!

Yes. I agree. Nevermind. Whatever you do, do not read this post (http://engineerboard...pic=17762&st=50) as is scares the crap out of me. I thought I aced the exam, but now I am concerned with failing!
No worries...you had me curious so I went poking around until I could confirm what the meeting was. I took Environmental, so I have no idea what the normal cut score is...there's very little info posted on here. I know I got about 55/100 correct - I could verify qualitative questions during the exam or afterwards, but I probably needed another 10-15 correct and while I hope I got them, I don't know for sure.

http://www.ncees.org...ng_Workshop.php

ZOMGGG!!111

IT SAYS THAT THE STRUCTURAL PE EXAMS WONT BE GRADED UNTIL JUNE 7-9! NO RESULTS UNTIL JULY!

For real, I cant believe we haven't seen this post yet. That is a glaring error on the part of the website team to call the SE the "Structural PE"
What did I tell you? What did you think, that it was just "antics" as you so casually put it? I cannot name my NCEES source but there is more to the story than that. But since you and others have been jumping down our throats because we have information and are trying to help, I don't think I will share that here.

That is a glaring error on the part of the website team to call the SE the "Structural PE"
That, and it says the Chemical Exam Development Committee will be grading the exams. That must be true too. :beat:

I would have liked to hear what knight1fox3 had to say....

http://www.ncees.org...ng_Workshop.php

ZOMGGG!!111

IT SAYS THAT THE STRUCTURAL PE EXAMS WONT BE GRADED UNTIL JUNE 7-9! NO RESULTS UNTIL JULY!

For real, I cant believe we haven't seen this post yet. That is a glaring error on the part of the website team to call the SE the "Structural PE"
What did I tell you? What did you think, that it was just "antics" as you so casually put it? I cannot name my NCEES source but there is more to the story than that. But since you and others have been jumping down our throats because we have information and are trying to help, I don't think I will share that here.

You know the post of mine you quoted was a joke right? You know that the link I provided is wrong, right? The SE exam has a grading workshop from June 7-9, NOT the same thing as the structural PE. I was just demonstrating how it seems that many people seem to be grasping at anything they can play chicken little.

If you have concrete, detailed information, then go ahead and start a thread about it, because people outside of this thread would probably want to know. If I had that kind of information I wouldnt casually mention it in one thread, like its no big deal.

That is a glaring error on the part of the website team to call the SE the "Structural PE"
That, and it says the Chemical Exam Development Committee will be grading the exams. That must be true too. :beat:

I would have liked to hear what knight1fox3 had to say....

I am starting to think that knight's source must be the one writing the news releases on the NCEES website. :wave2:

It's been used elsewhere today, but it's valid here too:

Stopit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back