April 2021 SE Exam Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can they score the exam if they're not even big enough to drive??
Actually, the third grader is the Team Leader whose word is final. So he/she has passed the second grade. My understandingis that there is no first and second grader. Two graders do their grading independently and if their grades differ by a pre-set number, then the Team Lead kicks in.

I have seen the old sample exams that had the grading plan for each essay problem in the book itself. Very detailed and thorough. Something like 9 or 10 bullets for the grader to follow for each of the problems. And the bullets are very detailed and specific to the problem in hand. They are by no means generic, garden variety guidelines. I even felt, hey if they give me these detailed grading plans, I can be a (?) grader!

The grading is preceded by a "train the graders" session. I think they would provide the bullets a grader should use, get them to grade a placebo style set of problems.

All in all, I have full confidence in the grading process. More so because on top of the above, it is not as if a generalist grades all 4 problems. My understanding is that each material specific problem is graded by an engineer with experience, interest and good knowledge in that specific material. No jack of all materials, as I understand it.

View attachment 22655
The results could be anyday Monday through Friday next week. See above for the reference. Thanks to the unknown dude who posted that in reddit
Isn't this showing when the PE results have come out vs when the SE scoring session is? In this cycle the PE results came out during the SE scoring session.

Isn't this showing when the PE results have come out vs when the SE scoring session is? In this cycle the PE results came out during the SE scoring session.
I wish Johnny Carson and his Carnac the Magnificent were still around.

Yeah. I just looked through results threads from the last two October administrations:

October 2018
Workshop 11/29-12/1
PE results 12/5
SE Results 12/11

October 2019
Workshop 12/5-12/7
PE Results 12/12
SE Results 12/17

So no guarantees for next week...both of those were 10 days after workshop ended.

for the April exams since i think October administrations are a little different wrt holidays and whatnot..

table.PNG

Yeah. I just looked through results threads from the last two October administrations:

October 2018
Workshop 11/29-12/1
PE results 12/5
SE Results 12/11

October 2019
Workshop 12/5-12/7
PE Results 12/12
SE Results 12/17

So no guarantees for next week...both of those were 10 days after workshop ended.
TDW, but the difference is PE results were also being processed during the 10 day interval. It can be expected to be shorter in this SE admin now that PE results are out of the way. Would it be any day next week as someone suggested? They still have collating, analysis, verification to do. I am still standing by the 11th AM prediction.

this results thread is way behind years prior

in other news i just noticed that in the 5 or so years past the scoring workshop started on a Thursday and went to Saturday.

This year it started Wednesday and went to Friday..

They also developed a software for the Oct 2020 session for grading (read about it in Licensure exchange.... I forget which one)
I have too much to get done to \faff about waiting for results this week. Dangit.
I keep forgetting results are close bc work is exploding and I’ve got used to not thinking about it lol

I've been a wreck all day, and it's only Monday. I'm trying to let work distract me, since there's so much, but to no avail. This is going to be a miserable week.

Back