April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is my third time too! I'm tempted to register in another city because I just don't want to see people I know. I know I shouldn't but I feel embarrassed having to take it a third time. Do you feel that way? ughhhhh 😩
I’m so embarrassed as well so I totally feel you!! But I think this time we should focus on ourselves and not think about what others think of us. And we should write the exam wherever is closest so it’s more convenient on exam day. :) but if you have multiple choices as to where to write it for sure

Can anyone in civil structural that passed give any pointers? I took a review course and still failed. I have practice exams. Maybe there are different ones I should try?
I failed in October with a 50/80. Passed this time. I signed up for School of PE and found it extremely helpful. Its pricey, but it gave me the structured study program that I needed to be able to pass.

The biggest thing for me was learning to reference a code even when I didn't think I needed to. If they're asking a masonry shear strength question, be sure to reference that section of the TMS. School of PE helped me so much with that because during all of the quizzes and practice exams they list which section of which code the material is located in.

You don't have to memorize every design method. You just have to be familiar with your reference material, and knowledgeable enough to apply that material to the problem at hand.

Don't give up. You can do it! Hope this helps!!

This lady DORA needs to hit the button /s
rtjrjrj.gif

I'm surprised how clean it is this year. Normally there's a lot of side conversations and the mods occasionally come in a clean it up. Good job and thank you everyone!

Congrats!

EDIT to add: I've read in other threads on this forum that if you take EET then the CERM isn't super useful compared to the notes in the depth portion. I've got the 15th edition and wonder if the EET binders for the afternoon will be sufficient.
Agreed. I took EET (WRE depth) and had an older (borrowed) version of the CERM and did not find it useful at all....very glad I didn't waste my money on a new one.

Who else is registering at 10AM EDT on June 14th?! I want that very first seat in the room!

I am feeling a little better today than yesterday. I was feeling so defeated yesterday. But now I feel charged and ready to tackle the exam again. I realize I need to make some changes in my study methods especially since I am not a good test taker. Would any structural folks like to start a study group thread for the PE??
Definitely me!!!
And yes, a study group thread would be amazing! Count me in!

Agreed. I took EET (WRE depth) and had an older (borrowed) version of the CERM and did not find it useful at all....very glad I didn't waste my money on a new one.
This is great to know. I have the 2015 edition of the CERM. I registered for EET for WRE depth and I ordered the Metcalf & Edy wastewater book, so that is chomping at my wallet right now and I didn't want to add a newer CERM if I didn't have to.

this is my third time too! I'm tempted to register in another city because I just don't want to see people I know. I know I shouldn't but I feel embarrassed having to take it a third time. Do you feel that way? ughhhhh 😩
Think of it this way....if anyone you took it with last time sees you taking it again, that must mean THEY are taking it again, too!

Back