April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if the CERM will be updated for 2021? It hasn't been updated since 2018 and prior to that 2015... seems it will be on the horizon. I need a new CERM but don't want to drop the $$ for a 2018 one and then have the 2021 version come out the next day
I can't speak for the publishing date, but a person can typically pass an exam using an older edition of the CERM. The editions and laws of physics don't change much over a couple of years.

Another consideration is that 2022 will be CBT. Depending on your studying preferences and next exam date, you may just want to upcoming test reference handbook to study from (much like studying for the FE). I think that will be published soon for when registration for those exams goes live.

You need to make a deal with NCEES that your facial expression changes on the dashboard based on where we are in the wait cycle.

Just took test- exhausted/wrecked expression
Two weeks after- kinda looking up in optimistic speculation

Etc

Day of results release- giant open-mouthed celebratory face with fists in the air
I don't think that comedy and entertainment are their goal. It is worth following up on though.

Anything would be an improvement over the dorky thumbnail of me that usually pops up. :)

Is the CERM used outside of the PE exam? Or is it mostly prepared for the PE?
I have an old 12th ed. I've actually opened it for use as a quick reference if there's something I need and google sometimes doesn't cut it. It's a pretty valuable book for Civils post exam IMO.

Been side-railed with realizing that everything including work experience, refs, quizzes, and application fee must be done again for my licensure application. Then a 2-3 month wait. Little frustrating... especially when so many other states issue license numbers immediately. However, the most difficult part is done and so my complaint stops here.

HUGE CONGRATS TO ALL WHO PASSED!!!

To all who did not pass this go round - CONGRATS FOR MAKING IT THIS FAR!!! If we think back to college, I can assume that many of the folks that you went to college with didn't finish the program because it was too tough or life changes happened. KEEP PLUGGING AND TEST AGAIN SOON!!!

It's an old cliche but - IF I DID IT... YOU CAN, TOO!

Who else is registering at 10AM EDT on June 14th?! I want that very first seat in the room!

I am feeling a little better today than yesterday. I was feeling so defeated yesterday. But now I feel charged and ready to tackle the exam again. I realize I need to make some changes in my study methods especially since I am not a good test taker. Would any structural folks like to start a study group thread for the PE??

Who else is registering at 10AM EDT on June 14th?! I want that very first seat in the room!

I am feeling a little better today than yesterday. I was feeling so defeated yesterday. But now I feel charged and ready to tackle the exam again. I realize I need to make some changes in my study methods especially since I am not a good test taker. Would any structural folks like to start a study group thread for the PE??

Me! This will be my third time registering. I don't want to wait another year.

I have an old 12th ed. I've actually opened it for use as a quick reference if there's something I need and google sometimes doesn't cut it. It's a pretty valuable book for Civils post exam IMO.
This, at least all the PE's I work with still have theirs. I still have mine, but truthfully it was used for maybe 2 questions on the whole exam. Since it covers a little bit of every topic its good to have on the exam for a problem that comes out of left field. It saved my but on the exam a couple times as they had some oddball obscure topics not covered by EET's course or any of my previous schooling/professional experience.

I guess it's just one of those things that collects dust until the once and a blue mon you might need a little extra clarification/guidance.

Back