April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Pennsylvania, there is a checklist on the application that is required for permission to sit for the exam, and one of the items is "receipt of national examination." It obviously says "not received" but I feel like it's similar to things on the lsit like the exam fee, application, etc that change from "not received" to "received" whenever something is added to the file.

So TL:DR - I think I will be able to determine when my results will be released based on Pennsylvania telling me (indirectly) that they received them.
Are you sure about that? This is also the board that issued me my EIT and somehow put on my certificate that my middle name was Dance, instead of Dane with so many pieces of verification of my identity stating it that they had received.

Oh, and they also wouldn't issue my license until I got my transcript, which was sent and requested at the beginning of June. I had to call them after contacting the university and 3rd party to make sure they didn't drop the ball just so the person on the other line saying "are you sure hun I have it right here maybe you haven't updated the site in a while"... refresh and get that day as my issued date was middle of July...

needless to say, I was unhappy with them during my EIT application experience

Edit. long story short PA's board has been known to drop the ball.

mine is fine also
My NCEES is loading fine
loading fine now. False alarm :cry:

Are you sure about that? This is also the board that issued me my EIT and somehow put on my certificate that my middle name was Dance, instead of Dane with so many pieces of verification of my identity stating it that they had received.

Oh, and they also wouldn't issue my license until I got my transcript, which was sent and requested at the beginning of June. I had to call them after contacting the university and 3rd party to make sure they didn't drop the ball just so the person on the other line saying "are you sure hun I have it right here maybe you haven't updated the site in a while"... refresh and get that day as my issued date was middle of July...

needless to say, I was unhappy with them during my EIT application experience

Mine supposedly didn't receive transcripts either so I delivered my entire packet by hand LOL.

This seems like an incredibly terrible idea that will have more consequences than you think.
Yeah agreed, during past test cycles, NCEES shut down the chat function if they were getting overwhelmed with questions. Plus, it's been scientifically proven that results get released faster if you spam, not harass NCEES.

what's the harm in posting results that are ready to go? why do we have to wait for everybody?
I believe NCEES scores all states at the same time frame and releases them to the state boards simultaneously. It is up to the states as to when they release to their examinees. Obviously some states have different processes and release on different days.

Are you sure about that? This is also the board that issued me my EIT and somehow put on my certificate that my middle name was Dance, instead of Dane with so many pieces
I'm calling you "Dance" from now on. ;)

Similar experience here. But back in the day they would cross check the graduation date with the day they received the results from NCEES and backdate it. Mine was backdated nearly a month from mid-July to early June. A colleague neglected to send in his transcript for nine months and they backdated his.

I guess they aren't backdating it anymore?

And this is why I always say things will be delayed in PA.

edit: scratched out the wrong stuff

Last edited:
I'm calling you "Dance" from now on. ;)

Similar experience here. But back in the day they would cross check the graduation date with the day they received the results from NCEES and backdate it. Mine was backdated nearly a month from mid-July to early June. A colleague neglected to send in his transcript for nine months and they backdated his.

I guess they aren't backdating it anymore?
first off dear god no please! told a new coworker that story once and he calls me private dancer now.

From what I remember, no they don't. The timing was everything coming out of graduation because you didn't want to request too early where you didn't have your final grades in and you didn't want to be too late in case the issued date would mess up your approval for the fall 4 years post-grad.

It's just a coincidence that so many State license lookups are down for maintenance right now. It doesn't have anything to do with NCEES.

This seems like an incredibly terrible idea that will have more consequences than you think.
Yeah agreed, during past test cycles, NCEES shut down the chat function if they were getting overwhelmed with questions.
I was going to post my "Achievement Unlocked: Annoyed the NCEES so much that they shut down the chat function" but it appears that I can't access my previous uploads.
Looks like us Georgian's are going to have to wait until NCEES post the results a very long time regardless.

fify

Looking through the October 2020 thread cause why not? It took 32 pages for someone to say they got results (legit), and that was 7.5 weeks.

But what bothers me is that the date changed on the NCEES portal and that was the day before the results were released.
https://engineerboards.com/threads/...period-welcome-to-the-suck.36108/post-7674224
Our dates changed to include the day and that was over a week ago, and we are only 5.5 weeks in! Something is fishy lol

first off dear god no please! told a new coworker that story once and he calls me private dancer now.
Well now you're just asking for it

From what I remember, no they don't. The timing was everything coming out of graduation because you didn't want to request too early where you didn't have your final grades in and you didn't want to be too late in case the issued date would mess up your approval for the fall 4 years post-grad.
You might be right. I'm going to have to double check now. I know I kept my EIT letter somewhere, and I'll have to check the date with my EIT certificate. I'm old enough that I got it when PA issued wall certs for EIT and PE!

I definitely remember there was a rush to send in everything ASAP because of the 4-year Oct approval, but I seem to recall that it was also loosely tied to luck and whenever NCEES finally sent out the FE results. I was taking a once/ye October exam so I really wanted to get it all done quickly. In the end it didn't matter. Between grad school and my wedding schedule I wound up not taking it until nine Octobers (8 years) after I graduated undergrad.

I'm still pretty sure the backdated my labmates certificate though.

Looking through the October 2020 thread cause why not? It took 32 pages for someone to say they got results (legit), and that was 7.5 weeks.

But what bothers me is that the date changed on the NCEES portal and that was the day before the results were released.
https://engineerboards.com/threads/...period-welcome-to-the-suck.36108/post-7674224
Our dates changed to include the day and that was over a week ago, and we are only 5.5 weeks in! Something is fishy lol
October results releases are not a good comparison for April due to the holidays. Previous April releases were in the ballpark of 35 - 42 days. We're at 39 days (if you start counting from Friday).

Now the date changing early is still fishy lol and I wish we had a better gauge for when the results will drop!

October results releases are not a good comparison for April due to the holidays. Previous April releases were in the ballpark of 35 - 42 days. We're at 39 days (if you start counting from Friday).

Now the date changing early is still fishy lol and I wish we had a better gauge for when the results will drop!
That's what makes the date change to me even fishier! I expected it would happen sooner for an April exam because, like you said, holidays, but the fact that the date changed happened when we expected but the results didn't follow is weird!

Latest posts

Back