April 2019 SE Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ordering a manual verification of the morning. I had several errant scratches from bouncing around problems.
I did it last time I took the exam and it was a waste of $75 but I know the feeling of needing closure.  Honestly, all it did was make me more bitter with how the manual verification was handled.  I asked questions beforehand but couldn't get any answers at all so finally paid the $75 and a couple weeks later got an email saying nothing changed.

I took the Lateral - Bridges in Milwaukee, and results were posted a few hours ago.  Failed Again!  23/40 in AM and all 3 Acceptables in PM.  Damn building concrete killed me 0/5.  I was above average in 6 of the 10 categories somehow.

Can someone provide any advice as to how a bridge engineer is supposed to pass the AM when its like 80% buildings?  You would think for over $500 a pop and 6 months between and over 2 months of wait time for results that NCEES would develop 2 separate exams; 1 focusing on building (like it is currently) and 1 focusing on bridges.  Or they could keep the current format grade on different scales for bridge and building candidates.....it seems to me that bridges pass rates are ALWAYS much lower than buildings.  Shouldn't that be a flag?  Especially when a "high" pass rate is in low 30%. 

Also, why they hell does the afternoon not average with morning...its almost like 2 separate exams...its bull shit.

I took the Lateral - Bridges in Milwaukee, and results were posted a few hours ago.  Failed Again!  23/40 in AM and all 3 Acceptables in PM.  Damn building concrete killed me 0/5.  I was above average in 6 of the 10 categories somehow.

Can someone provide any advice as to how a bridge engineer is supposed to pass the AM when its like 80% buildings?  You would think for over $500 a pop and 6 months between and over 2 months of wait time for results that NCEES would develop 2 separate exams; 1 focusing on building (like it is currently) and 1 focusing on bridges.  Or they could keep the current format grade on different scales for bridge and building candidates.....it seems to me that bridges pass rates are ALWAYS much lower than buildings.  Shouldn't that be a flag?  Especially when a "high" pass rate is in low 30%. 

Also, why they hell does the afternoon not average with morning...its almost like 2 separate exams...its bull shit.
I hope when you get time, please teach me how to prepare the afternoon problems. Not only I have difficulties in the morning, but also afternoon. I am bridge too.

I passed the Vertical.  Lateral AM results 20/40 are PM Results are:

Wood and/or Masonry Structure - Acceptable

Concrete Structure - Acceptable

General Analysis - Acceptable

Steel Structure - Unacceptable

test.PNG

Back