April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whelp, looks like everything I've been told was a lie designed specifically to make me go through the stages of grief again. Time to go home and pound a box of mac and cheese... uncooked.
Nevermind! MN is in and I passed! literally got the notification as I was leaving the work parking lot.

FWIW on the "8 years of experience" thing, that's also how Michigan frames it... so it's not just the crazy West Coast:

"Provide documentation of at least 8 years of professional experience in engineering work acceptable to the board of professional engineers, including not more than 5 years of education pursuant to MCL 339.2004(2)(a)"

FWIW on the "8 years of experience" thing, that's also how Michigan frames it... so it's not just the crazy West Coast:

"Provide documentation of at least 8 years of professional experience in engineering work acceptable to the board of professional engineers, including not more than 5 years of education pursuant to MCL 339.2004(2)(a)"
That’s the only way I get to be a PE.  CA is similar, I don’t have an engineering degree, just one in applied math and a lot of experience in solar.

It appear I mistakenly applied for the wrong license class!  I was always intending to apply to Mechanical (M) with the HVAC discipline.  Instead, I carelessly ticked off the HVAC category on the exam application.  Now after all this effort my license class isn't even the one I was hoping for!  Does anyone know if engineering boards can amend a license class?  I took the same test as I would have under the mechanical HVAC discipline..  Oh man I am really hoping theres an easy solution to this!

It appear I mistakenly applied for the wrong license class!  I was always intending to apply to Mechanical (M) with the HVAC discipline.  Instead, I carelessly ticked off the HVAC category on the exam application.  Now after all this effort my license class isn't even the one I was hoping for!  Does anyone know if engineering boards can amend a license class?  I took the same test as I would have under the mechanical HVAC discipline..  Oh man I am really hoping theres an easy solution to this!
Unfortunately I think they require you take some Grad courses for it. 😱  

Back