April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you tryst him? Have you seen the email?

It's certainly not a sign of something good. Jury's out on if it's something bad though.
Yes i walked over to his desk and he showed me the email. The Linda Stone person had a gov email address so it looked legit. They also gave him a license number starting with a 188xx. I messaged someone else who took it, and she has not received anything either. No one has that i know of. 

anyone in Arkansas receive an email ? 

My coworker took the PE with me and he said he got an email from a Linda Stone saying he passed, but the NCEES site is still showing his results pending?
I have not received anything yet in Arkansas. I took the Industrial exam though. 

I have not received anything yet in Arkansas. I took the Industrial exam though. 
Neither have I. 

My only thought has been, what if the state board only sent out the emails to those who passed, and the people who fail will get theirs tomorrow. Man if so, that will stink!

anyone in Arkansas receive an email ? 

My coworker took the PE with me and he said he got an email from a Linda Stone saying he passed, but the NCEES site is still showing his results pending?
You might want to wait until you receive the NCEES official result. Last year, I received an email from the NE Board Admin saying I had passed, and came to figure out that my NCEES account said the opposite  #worst troll ever! 

Thankfully, I can see my pass on NCEES this time! :D   

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to wait until you receive the NCEES official result. Last year, I received an email from the NE Board Admin saying I had passed, and came to figure out that my NCEES account said the opposite  #worst troll ever! 

Thats stinks! Sorry to hear that! Was it some one you knew who was playing that on you? 

Yes i walked over to his desk and he showed me the email. The Linda Stone person had a gov email address so it looked legit. They also gave him a license number starting with a 188xx. I messaged someone else who took it, and she has not received anything either. No one has that i know of. 

The best case scenario here is that they are issuing licences one at a time manually and they aren't up to You guys yet. Coworkers first letter last name, vs your first letter last name. 

Congrats to all who passed! Are all results released in the first 2 days? Took mine in PR.
Have you heard back from PR yet?

Recently, they take about a week to trickle in. Historically takes about a month for everyone to get their results from the 50 states and DC. We rarely get reports from  PR, VI, CNMI, and GU so I don't know how long they typically take. 

Wow, that's bad. I'm sorry. Pennsylvania did that shit back in Oct 14, and I still give them hell for it. I'm sorry to see someone else did that.

Also: congrats! And does that mean that Nebraska reported today? What time?

Neither have I. 

My only thought has been, what if the state board only sent out the emails to those who passed, and the people who fail will get theirs tomorrow. Man if so, that will stink!
It seems a bit unrealistic that he is the only person that passed out of a couple of us and all of his buddies. (Really trying to stay positive here and not let this drag me down for the night)

By my count, the following states are still waiting:

• Mass
  • Rhode Island
  • Connecticut
  • New York
  • Pennsylvania
  • New Jersey
  • Delaware
  • DC
  • South Carolina
  • Georgia
  • Florida
  • Kentucky
  • Indiana
  • Illinois
  • Mississippi
  • Minnesota
  • Iowa
  • Missouri
  • Arkansas?
  • Louisiana
  • South Dakota
  • Nebraska?
  • Texas
  • Colorado
  • Washington State
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Alaska
  • Puerto Rico

The best case scenario here is that they are issuing licences one at a time manually and they aren't up to You guys yet. Coworkers first letter last name, vs your first letter last name. 

Have you heard back from PR yet?

Recently, they take about a week to trickle in. Historically takes about a month for everyone to get their results from the 50 states and DC. We rarely get reports from  PR, VI, CNMI, and GU so I don't know how long they typically take. 

Wow, that's bad. I'm sorry. Pennsylvania did that shit back in Oct 14, and I still give them hell for it. I'm sorry to see someone else did that.

It seems a bit unrealistic that he is the only person that passed out of a couple of us and all of his buddies. (Really trying to stay positive here and not let this drag me down for the night)
A couple of things that I'm remembering now that I forgot to mentioned probably because of the thought that it was an indicator that I had failed were that at the bottom where it said sincerely it had a different name, it didn't say Linda Stone like the heading and email address. I know that my wife and I share her email so sometimes her name appears in the email address but my name appears after sincerely.

The second thing I noticed was that at the very end the word "director" was misspelled it said "directo". Not sure if I would send a professional email with a misspelling like that, nowadays all emails will underline a misspell word in red so it would be hard to miss.  

It's super odd that no one in Arkansas is reporting anything,  I think his was a scam or at the very best a slip from the state board. I dnt think it indicates anything. 

Will have to wait til tomorrow 

Thats stinks! Sorry to hear that! Was it some one you knew who was playing that on you? 
The sad part is that it was not a joke, the NE State Board's admin did make that mistake. I don't know if it happened to more people but still have the official e-mail and I even sent the Ethics exam and received a passing note. I was traveling, so I trusted those emails. Upon my return, I had not received my license and that's when my nightmare began: - I went into NCEES and saw a fail,  they told me I had to check with the board for the inconsistency, - the admin would not reply to my emails, and - I had to reach to someone else in the board to get a response...- they sent me an I'm sorry, it was a mistake, you did not pass the exam 😢 

@RBHeadge PE yeah pretty bad stuff, please add NEBEA to the hell list too 🔥 😈

No sure  Nebraska is out yet, did you see my alias?: NotNEBEA😬, I don't forgive them for such mistake yet, so I went and took it in another State, you got it already: OR

Oregon, Electrical/Power. Have been out of school and in industry for almost 14 years. Took and passed the FE in Aug 2018. Just found out about 2 pm local time I passed! Super pumped!

Back