April 2013 SE, how did you do?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha I agree Bass! I was hoping for a low pass rate.....my performance was not good either!

Illinois is killing me! Still no posted grades! Emailed the contact at CTS asking about status (especially since national pass rate statistics are already posted on ncees.org) and the contact said, "results just have not even posted yet." I'm dreaming F5 in my sleep now...

as a MD resident, I'm not expecting anything until the end of next week. I'm not sure how IL works but I would immagine most states would get their results by the end of this week. I took Both Vertical & Lateral in October & it was close to 4 weeks after NCEES released results to the state boards that us MD folk got our results. Granted, the holiday weeks were thrown in there so that added time I'm sure. I'm just hoping that they are out before July 4. holidays. I guess what I'm saying is hang in there, they'll be out soon enough.

Best of luck to everyone, hope we all pass!!

North Carolina just posted their results this morning. I passed the lateral on my second try. I passed the vertical last fall so I guess I can put this exam to bed officially now!

It is a helluva exam, so keep putting in the work and yall will all get the results you want, and it will be worth the wait.

Regarding taking two components vs. one component, it seems like I am in the minority but I don't think it is a bad idea to take both at once. First, much of the analysis and all of the codes overlap between the two components. Secondly, even though I only passed the vertical component last October, I felt like I knew exactly what to expect on the lateral this April because I had already taken one shot at it. Obviously, some depends on how many attempts your employer will help you pay for. Fortunately for me, my employer footed the bill for the exam both times I took it, which helped a lot. To each his own, but I think there is enough overlap that you can take both on one weekend, provided you can handle the sheer exhaustion that hits by Saturday afternoon.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear their results.

Any other states get SE results yet? I was hoping for a quick set of results where we all got the news, but seems like the initial rush has died off!

MD results were released today.

In October I passed the Vertical, failed the Lateral. This time, I passed the Lateral!!! Feels so good to be done with this test, it's a tough one. Good luck to everyone else.

Has anybody heard anything new from Illinois (CTS)? I assume any answer they give is bogus, but am curious if anybody is actually getting a response.

Congrats, RVickery. I took both days in Chicago in April. I haven't contacted CTS about results, I'm just sitting on my hands. This Friday will mark 10 weeks out from the exam and 1 full week after NCEES announced release of scores. I guess it's not officially "overtime" until COB on Friday.

But, in any case, what are you gonna do? It seems like there's nothing to do but wait...

As an Illinois test taker, if I knew my results sooner, I would be able to study sooner an not have to deal with the stress of waiting...that is what I would do...

OK, based solely on posts in this thread:

6/13 - KY, WA, AR, TX results are posted

6/14 - NY, IN

6/17 - NC

6/20 - MD

The rest of us continue to wait...

Oops, should be 6/19 for MD. Also, you are correct, tenguy23. Registration is open and we're burning study time by sitting here in the dark.

...or we could be planning our vacation for October, right Mark?! We engineers have to have a life too! Hope you get good results...

Btw...anyone know the cheapest place I get the 3volume ibc seaoc manuals for seismic? As a non member of icc

...or we could be planning our vacation for October, right Mark?! We engineers have to have a life too! Hope you get good results...

Btw...anyone know the cheapest place I get the 3volume ibc seaoc manuals for seismic? As a non member of icc, i have to pay a bit more...

With CTS in Illinois, it's just best to wait until the email you. When I took the exam in October 2012, NCEES released results to the states 12/17, and CTS notified us on 12/25 that results were posted. Hopefully you guys will hear this week. I'd guess middle of next week at the latest.

I just checked the CTS site for Illinois again... It now says "pass" next to vertical (woohoo!). It is still blank next to lateral. Not sure if that means I failed that one, but I'm hoping it just means they are still uploading the results... Should find out soon at least.

Btw, I have not received an email from them yet.

Same here. Passed next to vertical :) , blank for lateral. Maybe somebody input the vertical results and went home for the day.

Back