5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from the far side of the Earth! Weather's nice, but I hear that the nastiness of this year's winter may be invading us soon - cold front from Japan pushing south toward us.

Let's talk New Year's Resolutions:

I think my number one resolution is to stop putting up with the half-assed way my boss is handling the approval process for my new position, and start seriously looking for a new job.

I resolve to get to 1000 posts...

And to build up to over 150 lbs. I'm tired of being a skinny white boy.

My only resolution at this point is to rid myself of the 15 pounds that I let creep back on over the last year.

I'd like to lose the 15 pounds I lost over the past year, and then gained back over the past 4 months...

Good morning from the far side of the Earth! Weather's nice, but I hear that the nastiness of this year's winter may be invading us soon - cold front from Japan pushing south toward us.
Is it going to make it all the way down to 60?

At least I managed to get this far through the holidays without gaining more. Still have the food-fest that happens for Eastern Orthodox Christmas (Jan 7th). It usually involves at least one roasted pig and a bunch of alcohol.

My new years resolution is to learn how to do Laundry so it's not my second job!! WTH!

How about a laundromat? Could you write it off as a business expense?

Sadly, I've felt scroogish for about 10 days now. I really hate the materialism of the holiday, I wish it were more like Thanksgiving, i.e. it's focussed more on the meaning of the actual holiday than giving presents. I think we've all been duped/marketed by corporate America to believe that we're grinches/scrooges if we don't kill ourselves to find perfect gifts for Christmas and spend a bunch of money in the process.
We don't do so much of the present-giving any more. My sister who lives in New Orleans and I always try to plan a get-together with our Daddy. We've discovered that renting cabins in one of our State parks is the perfect way to do it. We do a lot of mundane things together - cooking, eating, playing board games, going to the playground with the littler kids - it's just a lot of talking and visiting among each other. It's a lot of fun (tame fun to be sure) but low-key and best of all inexpensive. We stayed at a park at Sardis Lake in north Miss. this past weekend. It was COLD but we had a splendid time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back