39... I mean... 40 days

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, is the last word that it will be sometime after the 9th?
Actually I'm hearing serious rumblings that there was a massive administrative problem. One of the surveyors in my office was at him local chapter meeting and heard it from another member who is apparently somehow tied with the state Board. Something to do with the type of graphite used in the pencils. The scantron isn't picking up half of answers. The story about the cut score meeting was just a cover. It was really to buy more time. My guess is that they are either deciding on how to proceed.
1. They could manually grade ALL of the exams. However that could delay the process significantly. Not to mention how much additional room for error this will create. A machine grading them is near flawless. A human being can miss things, be distracted, etc.

B. They could manually adjust ALL of the scoring sheets with the graphite of proper density. Again, very time consuming. Also, this introduces a level invalidation. Now sheets have theoretically been tampered with and legally that could an issue.

3. They admit to their blunders, a notify every examinee of the issue and request that they retake the exam.

Either way, don't look for the results any time soon.

Honestly, I don't have any visual proof, other than the word of a trustworthy coworker.

I can see how you could say that. And honestly, I've got no visual evidence other than the word of my coworker whom I do trust. That being said, do be surprised if you receive some kind of notification on their decision for this matter.

I can see how you could say that. And honestly, I've got no visual evidence other than the word of my coworker whom I do trust. That being said, do be surprised if you receive some kind of notification on their decision for this matter.
EDIT: sorry for the somewhat of a double post. My tapatalk app seems to be glitching out a bit.

EDIT: sorry for the somewhat of a double post. My tapatalk app seems to be glitching out a bit.
If graphite in the pencil is the culprit, how come the PS results came out on time earlier this week?

Did the PS candidates use different green pencil? lol...

I wonder if that rep guy will have any insight into the pencil issue.

(to be honest, he/she has been mostly useless)

This is the message I got a minute ago when I logged into my NCEES account:

MyNCEES Account will be unavailable due to system maintenance in 7 minutes.

To avoid losing any progress complete your transaction as soon as possible or come back later.

I wonder if they are updating the site with our results !!!

If graphite in the pencil is the culprit, how come the PS results came out on time earlier this week?Did the PS candidates use different green pencil? lol...

If graphite in the pencil is the culprit, how come the PS results came out on time earlier this week?

Turn your sarcasm detector on

If graphite in the pencil is the culprit, how come the PS results came out on time earlier this week?Did the PS candidates use different green pencil? lol...
Surveyors don't count.

TCA, like I said, I can only go off of the word a usually trustworthy co-worker. While your counter point is valid, perhaps this i based on the statistical analysis that they perform on all of the exams as they are scored. Perhaps they recognized enough statistical anomalies to raise a red flag. Being that the PE and the PS are administered and graded separately, perhaps the anomalies are "isolated" to only the PE. I don't know, I can't answer this.

Back