2021 Engineerboards Salary Survey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dothracki PE

Where is my mind?
Reaction score
Keeping up the tradition so we can better our knowledge to fight against the corporations... just kidding. Please be respectful of the link and fill out what you feel comfortable sharing. If you have any questions or issues please feel free to share in this thread or PM me.

EB 2021 Salary Survey

Last edited:
I’d be interested to know an approximate location for each salary reported. In the end of the day, it’s all about how much money is left after the bills are paid. Making $30-40 k more at a location where a 3 br house cost 500-700k more might be not as good as it first seems.

I’d be interested to know an approximate location for each salary reported. In the end of the day, it’s all about how much money is left after the bills are paid. Making $30-40 k more at a location where a 3 br house cost 500-700k more might be not as good as it first seems.
I just posted some details from the 2020 salary survey including a salary per region chart. Plus I just added a cost of living map for reference.

Did you go to the spreadsheet @Be-n ? There is a location field

"Northeast" isn't useful. There is a big difference between NYC vs Boston vs nowhere VT.

"Northeast" isn't useful. There is a big difference between NYC vs Boston vs nowhere VT.
New York is part of Mid-Atlantic. See the map below of what I used for reference.

united_states_regions_labeled.png

New York is part of Mid-Atlantic. See the map below of what I used for reference.

united_states_regions_labeled.png
First time I've ever seen NY and NJ as part of Mid-Atlantic.

But my statement still stands. Big difference between Boston metro and Burlington metro.

First time I've ever seen NY and NJ as part of Mid-Atlantic.

But my statement still stands. Big difference between Boston metro and Burlington metro.
I agree, we just don't have much data on that. We honestly didn't get any responses from Boston Area, only two of our responses from CT and ME fall within the North East region.

Would love to see how people are working in their fields for the last two years. Many of my colleagues work from home, while I have to be on-site every single day throughout 2020 and this year - telework is not possible. Lately I have been approached by some recruiters with remote work arrangement, but with extensive travel.

Keeping up the tradition so we can better our knowledge to fight against the corporations... just kidding. Please be respectful of the link and fill out what you feel comfortable sharing. If you have any questions or issues please feel free to share in this thread or PM me.

EB 2021 Salary Survey
Bumping this cause I think this is an awesome tool!

Back