2021 Engineerboards Salary Survey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like you have an angle here but you're just confusing me lol

I know, that doesn't take much to do!
At first I was trying to be funny/silly, but then I thought, "Well, we just had someone call in to our company asking if we have a mask mandate, because they were interested in submitting their resume." It never occurred to me until last week that some employees might not like mask mandates and would seek employment elsewhere. Then I thought, "Well this has nothing to do with salaries", but at the same time, it would be interesting for purposes of a survey to see how many engineering firms are requiring masks vs the ones who don't.

At first I was trying to be funny/silly, but then I thought, "Well, we just had someone call in to our company asking if we have a mask mandate, because they were interested in submitting their resume." It never occurred to me until last week that some employees might not like mask mandates and would seek employment elsewhere. Then I thought, "Well this has nothing to do with salaries", but at the same time, it would be interesting for purposes of a survey to see how many engineering firms are requiring masks vs the ones who don't.
That actually makes a lot of sense! Well, to include it in a survey, not to base whether or not you apply somewhere on wearing a mask to protect against a disease lol.

Not sure about mask mandate but IMO positions that require working in-person (vs working remotely) should be paid more. Most people would not volunteer to commute and work in person on daily basis anymore.

Not sure about mask mandate but IMO positions that require working in-person (vs working remotely) should be paid more. Most people would not volunteer to commute and work in person on daily basis anymore.
That was probably true 6 months to a year ago. But I don't think that power rests with the potential job candidates anymore.

For example, my company has been 100% in the office (with employees able to work from home on an as-needed basis, COVID or not) since May 2020. We've had an extremely low transmission rate of the virus in that I don't believe anyone in the office has given COVID-19 to or gotten COVID-19 from anyone else in the office. As such, anyone we interview would be an in-person employee if hired. If they want to work from home permanently, we probably tell them to go find a company that does that.

Back